reccomended brand?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reccomended brand?

what do you guys see as the best brand of PCI network card? Just overall, im looking for one that i can add an external antenna (dont mind soldering). All i need is a brand name, because im looking for one with a certain chipset, so i can use a few apps i have.
    96' Mercedes Benz C36 -Matte Black-
    Status..::... {##------}25%~~ back to planning

pci wifi nic, i assume?
    Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

yup
      96' Mercedes Benz C36 -Matte Black-
      Status..::... {##------}25%~~ back to planning

Comment

The "best"? That'd be the Cisco Aironet 350PCI. Broadcast power is 100mw and receive sensitivity is -94dBm. It's a pricy card though ~$200 retail. Cheaper cards that use the Intersil Prism chipset are the NetGear MA311 and the D-Link520 (RevC and earlier ONLY ). Earlier Linksys cards used the Intersil Prism chipset, but those are becoming difficult to find. Newer Linksys cards now use the BroadCom chipset. The Orinoco cards are the standard of course, but they are usually only available in PCMCIA format. I haven't used any of their PCI-PCMCIA bridges so I'm not sure what you can expect.
        Got that from the netstumbler forums
        Lilliput 7" TS TFT, ASRock K7VM2, Duron 1,3 GHz, 512 MB DDR RAM, 30 GB Seagate HDD @ 5.400 rpm, WLAN w/ 500mW booster, Toshiba Slimline DVD-ROM Drive, D-Link USB Radio

Download the German Voicepack 1.0 for FreeDrive now!

Comment

Working...
        X