Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using Skype or other Voip Sw in Carpc

Hi Folks!

I have installed Skype in my Carpc to make and receive calls. I have an USB Belkin 802.11g WiFi adapter and my system is based on Epia M10k Board.
    All is working great also for the internet connection, but the audio quality with Skype is very very low.

Probaly these are not bandwith problems, but most probaly may be a duplex Tx/Rx (simultaneous transmission/reception) problem with WiFi dongle....

Post here Your experience!!
    Fabio

RoadRunner - PC Navigator 7.1 - FreeFone

I am not using but have tried Skype via 11Mbit WLAN and it works like a charm. I am using a PCI WLAN card though. Maybe you dongle is only USB1.1 which might cause problems, but I seriously doubt it
    Lilliput 7" TS TFT, ASRock K7VM2, Duron 1,3 GHz, 512 MB DDR RAM, 30 GB Seagate HDD @ 5.400 rpm, WLAN w/ 500mW booster, Toshiba Slimline DVD-ROM Drive, D-Link USB Radio

Download the German Voicepack 1.0 for FreeDrive now!

Comment

Yeah, this may be the really problem.... I never thought before!!

However very strange; Just wondering how is possible connect at 54Mb over USB 1.1 ???

I have to test another usb 2.0 dongle. Thanx!
      Fabio

RoadRunner - PC Navigator 7.1 - FreeFone

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fabio
        Yeah, this may be the really problem.... I never thought before!!

However very strange; Just wondering how is possible connect at 54Mb over USB 1.1 ???

I have to test another usb 2.0 dongle. Thanx!

Actually, it's not possible to transmit 802.11G speeds over UBS1.1! What the adapter does is tune down to 802.11B speeds (11MBPS, same speed as USB1.1)

I tried this earlier with an old laptop with USB1.1 and a 2.0 G USB Dongle. It went to B speeds. Still decent for internet use. My internet is only 4000K/512K

Peace,

Rafster
        Post # 3000

Comment

I can make or answer Skype calls using simple voice commands, the software I use also announces when the system goes online, along with the online status of my Skype contacts.

Comment

I use skype very rarely in WIFI hotspots and only if my cell phone is dead or gonna cost me lots of money.

Comment

Originally posted by Mechanic
              I can make or answer Skype calls using simple voice commands, the software I use also announces when the system goes online, along with the online status of my Skype contacts.
              Im also a skype user...

Which software are u using for the voice command?

Comment

Its called AIVMS, here is the website where you can get it.

Comment

Working...
                X