Non Bluetooth Cell to PC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non Bluetooth Cell to PC

I have a non-bluetooth cellphone and want to connect it to my carputer using Phoco or the like. I know it isn't much of a problem doing it with a bluetooth phone, but I want to know if it is possible with a non-bluetooth phone. I have a Kyocera KX-1/Soho phone. I'm new to bluetooth technology and don't understand completely how it works, but I'm sure there is some way to connect my phone. Connecting wirelessly would obviously be the best option, but if there is a way to do it wired, I'd be up for ideas on that too.

PhoCo works also with a cable connection but I'm afraid that you phone isn't equiped with the right properties to do that. Try to connect either through cable or IR and let PhoneTest run. But don'r expect it to be working right away.

If you have a CDMA phone, it's not even worth to try. It won't work.
    Skinning to go... VisualDesigner2!

Comment

I just got my phone two months ago, so I guess I'm new to phones all together. What is CDMA? Would I know if it is or not? I know I can get a data connection cable for my phone to connect it to a PC for downloading ringers, pictures,... but I'm not sure if it will be able to work with phoco. I also have found a bluetooth adapter which connects to the headset jack of a phone. Here is the link to it, http://www.mobilecityonline.com/wire...l.asp?id=20230
      It says that it is for use with the Jabra headset, but I'm wondering if it will work for connecting to a PC. Also, my phone isn't listed as being compatible with it, but I'm wondering if that is just because I have a relatively new model phone. Anyone tried this yet or have any ideas?

Comment

I looked, it is a CDMA phone. So you'd better save your money it won't work with PhoCo.
        Skinning to go... VisualDesigner2!

Comment

Aright, thanks, so I'm guessing that I don't have any other options unless maybe there is another program out there similar to phoco. Again, I'm new with phones and bluetooth and all that jazz. But thanks for your help anyway, at least now I know that option is out.

Comment

I found this on ebay, which is compatible with my phone, but does anyone know if it will interface with PhoCo right? Has anyone tried using one of these before?
            http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Jabra-A210-Adapter-For-Non-Bluetooth-Phone-A-210_W0QQitemZ9725454817QQcategoryZ108660QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem[/URL]

Comment

I haven't actaully used that product, but from what I gather, it is not a full bluetooth adaptor. It makes a bluetooth connection to another "Jabra" headset for voice only. Not data. It plugs into the 2.5mm jack, not the data port.

I think that is it...
              Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
              1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
              30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
              15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
              Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Working...
              X