Bluetooth car kit...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluetooth car kit...

Hey guys i was looking at this:http://motorola.digitalriver.com/ser...65700&Env=BASE

My friend just got it in her car. Basically It connects to you bluetooth phone/radio/and to a speaker. IT connects to the radio to MUTE the radio on an incoming call. I have a motorola RAZR V3, i am wondering if any1 has seen this and maybe we can hook it up to out carPC. Does any1 think its possible....
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant
    Progress: 90% [-▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓- ->

Carputer Specs:
    Via M10K
    512mb Ram
    60GB HDD
    Souund Blaster Audigy2 NX
    OPUS ITX PC Case

$300 is a lot of money for that car kit.

Are you going to attend the NYC meet on the 10th? I suggest you do. I don't know who else, from the NYC area, uses their Moto phones with their carPCs, but I do.

Comment

E-bay $119 Buy It Now!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
      Post # 3000

Comment

Originally posted by DRWeside
        $300 is a lot of money for that car kit.

Are you going to attend the NYC meet on the 10th? I suggest you do. I don't know who else, from the NYC area, uses their Moto phones with their carPCs, but I do.

Hey, how do you use your Moto Phone with your CarPC? Are you using Phoco? My razr doesnt let me use my pc as a headset
        2002 Mitsubishi Galant

Carputer Specs:
        Via M10K
        512mb Ram
        60GB HDD
        OPUS ITX PC Case

Comment

It's not that your V3 won't use your PC as a headset, it's that your PC doesn't support the headset profile and therefore won't connect to the V3 via the headset profile.

I am using PhoCo.

Comment

2 questions......

1. WHere is thee NYC Meet? Has the location been confirmed yet?

2. DO you think the MOTO Car kit can be hacked to the PC?
            2002 Mitsubishi Galant

Carputer Specs:
            Via M10K
            512mb Ram
            60GB HDD
            OPUS ITX PC Case

Comment

Originally posted by Cheekz185
              2 questions......

1. WHere is thee NYC Meet? Has the location been confirmed yet?

2. DO you think the MOTO Car kit can be hacked to the PC?
              1. http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...19&postcount=1

2. I don't know. Even if you could, the car kit only supports one connection at any time, so you'd have the carpc connected to the car kit, but won't be able to have the carkit connect to the phone.

Motorola/BT issues have been beaten to death already. Look through the PhoCo forum.

Comment

No i mean hardwire the carkit to the computer
                2002 Mitsubishi Galant

Carputer Specs:
                Via M10K
                512mb Ram
                60GB HDD
                OPUS ITX PC Case

Comment

Originally posted by DRWeside
                  It's not that your V3 won't use your PC as a headset, it's that your PC doesn't support the headset profile and therefore won't connect to the V3 via the headset profile.

I am using PhoCo.
                  I have no problem using my V3 and my PC as headset. I just installed the new Widcomm Driver 4.0.1.2101 and I can use my PC as headset. To make it fully work with your CarPC you need the bluetooth connection for the Headset and the USB cable for PhoCo functions.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheekz185
                    No i mean hardwire the carkit to the computer
                    Why?
                    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by MGD
                      I have no problem using my V3 and my PC as headset. I just installed the new Widcomm Driver 4.0.1.2101 and I can use my PC as headset. To make it fully work with your CarPC you need the bluetooth connection for the Headset and the USB cable for PhoCo functions.

So if i get the usb cable i can fully use it with phoco?
                      2002 Mitsubishi Galant

Carputer Specs:
                      Via M10K
                      512mb Ram
                      60GB HDD
                      OPUS ITX PC Case

Comment

Originally posted by MGD
                        I guess I spoke too soon. I was actually thinking that there may be some drivers that supported the headset profile, but the ignoramus part of my brain took over.

Anyway, that's not a huge deal for me since I wouldn't use it. I dislike having other people listen in on my conversations and it is still a moot point, since the whole purpose of having the carkit is for BLUETOOTH connectivity. The day that Motorola comes out with a phone that supports MULTIPLE SIMULTANEOUS BLUETOOTH connections, I will be the first in line. In the meantime, I'm really considering using the USB connection for interfacing with PhoCo. It's just that it's going to be one more thing to have to plug and unplug.

Comment

Working...
                        X