No announcement yet.

Wardriving software for Windows 98 SE?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wardriving software for Windows 98 SE?

I've searched the forums and google, and haven't found anything that works on win98se, everything is for xp I use WINC on my laptop, but I want to use something on my carputer as well so I can drive hands-free.
    00 Saturn SL2, boosted @ 8 psi - CarDomain
    Newest install - my quickest ever
    My 2nd carputer - b4 I broke the touchscreen
    My very first carputer - voted the most ghetto

well if you have a (please mind my spelling) Onirico based wlan card you can use netstumbler in 98se

Comment

I'm not sure what my card is based on, it's a Microsoft WIFI PCMCIA adapter, MN-520.
      Plus on their website they say only 2000-xp are supported.

Comment

with an original orinoco based card you can run netstumbler under 98SE. I have this setup on my laptop

Comment

I run netstumbler and it works great.
          I dont think I have a orinco based card either. Some cheapo I bought off ebay for $10.00.
          Works great though
          You can still have something if you have nothing

Comment

Yeah, netstumbler works with my card in XP but not in 98SE
            Same card, but in 98SE even though it detects it, it's gray so I can't chose it.

Comment

Using Netstumbler with other then XP requires a particular chipset in the wireless card. I do not remember exactly, but I think it has to be the Hermes chip. Most likley, your card is not a Hermes card, so you can't use Netstumbler out of XP. As mentioned, the Orinoco series will work. THere are others Hermes cards, I just don't remember them off hand. I believe some of the buffalo were. Perhaps a for Hermes cards will work.

Michael
              ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Working...
              X