7" LCD & remote assistance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7" LCD & remote assistance

Could someone plz direct me or guide me on how to setup my carputer with my house PC so when i'm at the house i can login my carputer and orgniaize or upload\download songs and files since i can't see anything on my 7" because i'm using a scan converter for my rcv to vga

thanks
    HOnda Accord '94

Which version of windows are you running?
    If its xp pro all you need to do is enable remote desktop
    If its somethine else any flavor of vnc will do the trick.
    For simplicity, i would recommend you give the machine in your car a static ip

out of curiosity why are you going rca to vga?
    amd 1700, biostar m7ncg 400, hitachi deskstar 120 8mb , 512 pc2700, liliput 7"
    now to put it all together

Comment

If you have xp pro(not home)
      go to control panel->system->remote and click the allow remote desktop sharing. Make sure you add your username to the list of allowed users, and make sure the firewall is set up to allow remote connections.
      If you have xp home, the do a search for tightvnc on google and follow the instructions there. vnc is another remote control program.
      You didnt say if you were using an nlite install or anythign but if you are you may have removed the components that your missing.
      amd 1700, biostar m7ncg 400, hitachi deskstar 120 8mb , 512 pc2700, liliput 7"
      now to put it all together

Comment

Working...
      X