Verizon Novatel 620 issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verizon Novatel 620 issues

Hey, just wanna start this thread for those people w/ issues with VZ access manager, and with software issues.
    Is anyone not using VZ access manager??? How do you use MS direct connect?> Is is more dependable???
    I started having issues w/ VZ when coming back from standby or hybernate. Also I'm not too sure about their new software update, I'm now using their old one again.
    Any info??? Thanks!
    08 Lincoln Navigator www.mobiteklink.com

I use there access software & it doesn't recover from standby or hibernation too, I have to close the app & reopen it to connect again.... have you found a way to connect automaticaly? I had it set up that way a while ago, before evdo.. It was 1xrtt or something like that... but that was on a different machine... I want to figure out a way to get it to connect anytime the computer is on.
    MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Originally posted by turbocad6
      I use there access software & it doesn't recover from standby or hibernation too, I have to close the app & reopen it to connect again....
      Yeah, the other day I called tech support, I was online then I stayed off the internet for about 15mins and then I checked again and it wouldn't connect. There seemed to be no connection, so I drove around thinking maybe 'cos I was in Jersey and I had poor reception. Nothing, I rebooted, reinserted the card, and still nothing.
      The tech told me to check network connections, it said "national access is connected", so he asked me if I had new software. I still have the old VZ Access so I decided to use that one, and ooalaah! It connected.
      For some reason now it's happening a lot more, everytime I go into hybernate is a hit or miss thing; it kind of defeats the purpose of having "always on" connection if half the time it doesn't work!
      have you found a way to connect automaticaly? I had it set up that way a while ago, before evdo.. It was 1xrtt or something like that... but that was on a different machine... I want to figure out a way to get it to connect anytime the computer is on.
      There's an option in the preference pane that tells you "windows startup" and "connect automatically" so that always works for me. No issues with that.
      What we nn to figure out is to use windows dial up utility instead of VZ manager. After all, it's only a dial up connection, kind of like DSL.
      I'd like to compare those two approaches to see which one is more dependable, before when I was rebooting everytime I never had any connectivity issues, now that' I'm doing standby/hybernation I'm getting all these freaking issues!
      I really don't wanna keep rebooting 'cos I'm getting video issues, plus the boot up time it's annoying.
      Let's try to figure this out before the meet in Corona, right??!!!

Comment

I know I did have it working before evdo through windows... it was something like #777 & then user name & password was like vzqw or somwthing like that... there was another time that the user name was your phone # & password was something else...I forgot what it was... verizon tech support trys to talk you out of hooking it up that way & I've had a tough time getting one of them to tell me again...

I think they try to keep the bandwidth as open as possible, that's why when your idle with there software for like a minute the connection drops...not in the software though, so when you click on a new link it reconnects again... because of the digital connection it reconnects pretty quick, but still the latency gets to be annoying sometimes.

there has to be a way to connect through windows & then maybe set up an intermitant ping to keep the connection alive.... I have a few other bigger problems to solve before the meet, but I defanatly want to get the connection better again...

Comment

I know I did have it working before evdo through windows... it was something like #777 & then user name & password was like vzqw or somwthing like that... there was another time that the user name was your phone # & password was something else...I forgot what it was... verizon tech support trys to talk you out of hooking it up that way & I've had a tough time getting one of them to tell me again...

I think they try to keep the bandwidth as open as possible, that's why when your idle with there software for like a minute the connection drops...not in the software though, so when you click on a new link it reconnects again... because of the digital connection it reconnects pretty quick, but still the latency gets to be annoying sometimes.

there has to be a way to connect through windows & then maybe set up an intermitant ping to keep the connection alive.... I have a few other bigger problems to solve before the meet, but I defanatly want to get the connection better again...
          Well, I'mn gonna try the simple way, there's a plug-in in firefox that automatically reloads the page every so many seconds, that should keep the connection alive for a 'lil while. After all we're paying for UNLIMITED USE!
          I don't have DSL so my experience w/ dial-up window is ltd. maybe someone can give it a try. The best would be if we can hack into it to improve those "oh so restrictive" upload speeds, I guarantee u that those f*er keep it them low to avoid people web hosting.
          I also wanna try a router, have you done so??? U wanna try that for the meeting??? My wireless router is f*ed up....
          Let me know. With ICS in windows should be ez, I'm not sure, haven't tried it yet. Maybe we can setup a hotspot in Corona!

Comment

try using RASSPY to see your actual User name and password then make a dialup connection through dial up networking similar to what was done here:
            http://www.golddave.com/palm/howto/c...g_to_juno.html
            William Surritte, Technician
            No Limit Technologies
            1931 U.S. HWY. 160, Caulfield, MO 65626
            http://home.centurytel.net/nolimititech/
            Planning: |++++ |
            Software Development: |++++ |
            Hardware Development: |++ |

Comment

broken link....

Comment

Don't Tease Us Like That!!
                I found something called nifty, but I'm not really sure what I'm doing, so I nn tutoring!!

Comment

well, I found the solution I want, check this out.... there are other evdo routers avilable too.... up over $600, but they make your whole vehicle into a hotspot whenever it's powered.....

Comment

and something like this

Comment

searching on this subject has opened my eyes to a lot of possibilities.... I defanatly want to set up my car as a hot spot through evdo.... theres lot's of info out there... check out evdoinfo.com.....

Comment

searching on this subject has opened my eyes to a lot of possibilities.... I defanatly want to set up my car as a hot spot through evdo.... theres lot's of info out there... check out evdoinfo.com.....
                        This is definitely one of my first thoughts when I came about this subject, I found out about the Junxion Box but I think is a bit pricey.
                        I don't see why u can't do it on an Airport , theoretically at least,.......
                        That'd be hot though!!
                        I'm still trying to figure out how we''re gonna improve on this crappy VZ software!

Comment

Hello,

The StompBox is a very cool build it yourself project. We built one and took it on vacation last week. It gave us the following:

- Hotspot in car, so laptops in car, could surf/email
                          - We built an integration with Google Maps & GPS, so people could actually see our real-time position on Google Maps
                          - We added a Web cam looking out the front window which would take a picture every 5 minutes and then upload to a FTP server.

More information and links at:

http://www.evdoforums.com/about578.html

The web site may not work any more, until we take our next vacation
                          EVDOguy
                          EVDO Info :: EVDO Forums

Comment

Originally posted by EVDOguy
                            Hello,

The StompBox is a very cool build it yourself project. We built one and took it on vacation last week. It gave us the following:

- Hotspot in car, so laptops in car, could surf/email
                            - We built an integration with Google Maps & GPS, so people could actually see our real-time position on Google Maps
                            - We added a Web cam looking out the front window which would take a picture every 5 minutes and then upload to a FTP server.

More information and links at:

http://www.evdoforums.com/about578.html

The web site may not work any more, until we take our next vacation

Oh yeah man! I'vd definitely have checked out the progress of the Stompbox, I think it's the coolest thing on wheels!
                            Have a nice vacation!

Comment

The settings for a Windows Dial-Up Network Connection should be the following for Verizon:

Number: #777
                              User: [email protected]
                              Password: vzw

If the V620 shows up in Device Manager as a modem, you should be able to create a DUN connection.

I have a V620 coming to me through work soon, so I'll be testing this out as well...

Also, did you know that the V620 has two external antenna connectors?

One is on the side, the other on the bottom...

I'll be looking into external antennas for my WRX when I get my V620...

Comment

Working...
                              X