Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oops! Now my Bluetooth COM port is too high!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oops! Now my Bluetooth COM port is too high!

Like a bonhead (I should have left well-enough alone) I pulled my USB Bluetooth dongle out of my PC and put it in a different USB port (moved it up front, near the passengers).

As soon as I did this, the PC reconized it, and reinstalled everything as a new device. It assigned the COM ports for my Bluetooth GPS to COM14 and COM15. They used to be at COM5 and COM6. Of course, Routis only works with COMs 1 thru 9, so now I can't use the GPS!

I tried setting the COM port to a different number, but it only gives me COM14 as an option. I even tried putting the dongle back in the original USB port, but nothing changed.

Help!
    So far:
    M10000 Nehemiah, 1Gb RAM, Opus 90w PS, Buffalo Tech WLI2-USB2-G54, 160 Gb HDD, GlobalSat BU-353 GPS, iGuidance, Zippy EL-610, Panasonic CW8123B Slim Slot CDRW/DVD, 10" Lilliput, Sony XA-300, Sony CDX-MP30 Head, OBD-II

If you are using window$ and you are, go to device mangerler. double click on the BT comport number (com14) to go to it property. Click on Advance button. Now change it to whaterver you like/want. Just make sure that the port you assign to is NOT being used by anyother devices.
    2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
    89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
    Y2K Accord Dell GX150
    RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
    EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Thanks Matrix, but the drop down menu in the properties box only lists COM14.
      So far:
      M10000 Nehemiah, 1Gb RAM, Opus 90w PS, Buffalo Tech WLI2-USB2-G54, 160 Gb HDD, GlobalSat BU-353 GPS, iGuidance, Zippy EL-610, Panasonic CW8123B Slim Slot CDRW/DVD, 10" Lilliput, Sony XA-300, Sony CDX-MP30 Head, OBD-II

Comment

Delete the duplicate driver (or all of them and reinstall the driver) and it'll get rid of your first set of bt com ports. Then you can use them.

Comment

Working...
        X