Question regarding blockign assess to wireless routers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding blockign assess to wireless routers

The company i work for recently installed a wireless network but the tards that they are wont tell us what kinda filtering is being done on the router. Here's what i got goin on. My connection works great for about 2 hours.. then all the sudden it goes away as if someone just turned the power off. The access point is then missing from my winc list but i can find two other slower connections that arent even really close to me. Every morning i come to work it does the same thing. I can download, browse etc freely til about 10:30 then the connection is just flat dead. What kinda filtering are they using? i've changed my computer name AND MAC address to see if they were being filtered on the firewall but thats not it. HELP
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

how do you change your mac address? isn't that hardware specific? almost like a vin# on a car?

maybe they have a schedule set up that turns off access at 10:30. i can do that on my linksys if i wanted to

Comment

changing ur mac address is easy. Its a simple registry hack. Just google Change MAC address and you'll find it.
      mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
      Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
      Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Working...
      X