Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyocera KR1 EVDO Router - First Look

Hello,

We have been testing a pre-production Kyocera KR1 EVDO Router and we posted additional information about this soon to be released $200 EVDO Router.

EVDOinfo.com Review of Kyocera KR1 EVDO Router
    EVDOguy
    EVDO Info :: EVDO Forums

Sounds kinda cool!
    And I can power feed it through my P1900 PSU!
    Cool shizzlieisiejsfdfj;@!
    08 Lincoln Navigator www.mobiteklink.com

Comment

Nifty. This will save some money in comparison to building a stompbox. However, I'm a little warry of D-Link from past experiences with their products. I'm just not interested in power cycling the sucker and accessing the admin page just to get it to work everytime it decides to puke. For <$90 I suppose I should expect some stability issues. For >$140 I expect stability.

Comment

I am dying for one of these...... it feels like I have been waiting forever....... If I thought I could build a stomp box I would, but the only thing else available is like a $700 router.... I want it, but that's just a lot of scratch..... when can I buy this thing? soon, soon, soon.... that's all I here, but if it was soon back then shouldn't it be now right now....

p.s., I really want one of these
        MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

just ordered it! supposed to have it by the end of the week...... there just released & there already on backorder from kyocera!!!

found mine here they get it tommorow supposedly..... if you want one of these order it quick..... this is going to be another xbox 360 type deal .... it's already starting, look

Comment

I've have a pre-production model that I've been testing for the past two months. It’s a great device – just works!

Comment

wow, they got it & the tracking # shows I'll have it friday!!!! this thing is awsome, can't wait to build this into my car

Comment

I ordered it on monday... so exited!!! broadband in my car! From what i've been reading in other forums the KR1 uses about 1.7A for for power and takes about 60-70 sec to boot. My carpc takes about 2-7 sec to resume from hibernatin so when it starts all my application like audio streaming or google earth will not see the internet imediately... I was thinking to have it constantly powered on, maybe disable the wi-fi to conserve power since i won't be using it most of the time. I was tring to figure out how long my battary would last with the roouter on constantly... any ideas??
                Will never be DONE! There is always something to add
                VIA EPIA SP13000,1GB DDR,80Gb 2.5 SATA HDD,8" Xenarc LCD with t/s,Linksys Bluetooth,Logitech wireless trackball,OBDII,RearView wide angle cam,XM radio,2 Wifi external antennas, Frodo,Navivoice

Comment

1.7amps=dead batteries for sure.... & this might not even include the power used by the card., or does it?.. keeping it on always won't work at all..... unless maybe if you used an aux deep cycle battery just for this, which is what I had in mind..... keep the pc & router alive always... & if the car was parked too long, only the deep cycle would go dead.......

this setup won't work too if you just take 10-15 min trips each day....

this type of setup will tax the alternator for sure, as each time the car is started, in addition to doing it's normal job, the alt will have to recharge a flattened deepcycle.... I could see using the car on a rainy night after being parked all day being extremey taxing.... with the wipers & lights & defroster all going on, on top of charging the deep cycle..... I plan an upgraded alternator before implimenting the aux setup..... either that, or my alarm has an option that can be programmed to start the vehicle every 4 hours & run it 25 minutes.... this should do the trick......

Comment

@turbo - which alarm has the feature to autostart at intervals? I think that's a pretty slick idea!

Comment

Originally posted by NekkidRidr View Post
                      @turbo - which alarm has the feature to autostart at intervals? I think that's a pretty slick idea!
                      My Prestige APS785 had that feature.
                      G945GLCF2 | 512MB RAM | 160GB HD | Holux GPS w/ Routis | XMPCR w/ TOSLINK mod | Audigy 2 NX | | Xenarc 700TSV |Opus 150W PSU.

Comment

mine is the compustar 2wss-as spread spectrum... it has that feature...

Comment

Working...
                        X