Miniature Nightvision Cam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miniature Nightvision Cam

I wasnt sure where to post this, but there are a whole bunch of cheap night vision camera's for sale on ebay, wireless too, I bought one, works pretty good, the reciever is a little finicky, but the camera is wireless and weatherproof, so you could mount it anywhere on a car, the reciever has a composite out. The only thing extra I would add to this is maybe add a shock dampening foam when mounting, and make an extra IR illuminator because the one that is on it only works to about 30ft. If you are lucky, you can pick one up for $9.95, I had to pay $35 for mine because of a small bidding war.

Here's a picture of it

I'll post some images of what it looks like from the camera, day and night, once I get the VIVO on my video card working.

p.s.

I bought it on the 23rd, and it was at my house today (the 25th)
    Hey Laserlips, your momma was a snowblower!!

Do you have ebay link to where you bought it from ?
    mp3car infill g4

Comment

If you do a search for "waterproof night vision" (without quotes), it should come up with a few, I see 34 right now, and 1 is going for $11.76 and over in 4min

Comment

you must have bought from HONG Kong seller.. they ship it ups next day and it takes 2days to get to US.

Comment

I found a bunch of these on eBay.. here's one seller w/ the same pics as shown:
          http://search.stores.ebay.com/search...&fsoo=2&fsop=3

-arebelspy
          See my trades here! My For Sale/Trade Thread. Email joe at eipse.com
          Originally posted by xdjxklusivex
          i think every thread is now a whoreing thread

Comment

I live in Canada, and it was shipped from Canada, I know this because I had to pay PST and GST (sales taxes) on it.

Comment

I paid $0.99 with $15.00 shipping last year for the color pinhole version. They make a digital receiver that locks onto the video better. The one shown above you have to adjust a tuning dial to pick up the video. And as the battery power changes so does the output frequency of the video. Probably not the best solution for in car video. Unless you built a 10-15 volt to noise free 8 volt power supply. I don’t even use mine anymore. It’s in a box in the closet.
              Um, I guess this is where you put something witty.WITTY

My Web site, in the design stage. http://home.comcast.net/~cstrachn

Modified RRSkinEditor http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65723

Comment

Originally posted by pRoFiT
                I paid $0.99 with $15.00 shipping last year for the color pinhole version...I donít even use mine anymore. Itís in a box in the closet.
                Wanna sell it? Sent a PM.

-arebelspy
                See my trades here! My For Sale/Trade Thread. Email joe at eipse.com
                Originally posted by xdjxklusivex
                i think every thread is now a whoreing thread

Comment

any pics yet??
                  Core duo
                  1tb harddrive
                  256 ddr
                  8 lilliput
                  bu-353

still installing...

Comment

I bought one of these for an outdoors security camera which was mounted under an overhang. Worked OK the first couple weeks, then it rained and that was it. If you need this to be waterproof, get some silicone and fill every gap with it. I also noticed that mine had a problem when the light at a level right before where the IR would kick in. The receiver was also quite dificult to tune and seemed to get harder with time. On mine I could hook it up directly with an RCA though. Pretty cool for the price.

If you don't need wireless, and have extra $ laying around, I would suggest a Sony SuperHAD low lux camera. These are good quality cameras and with the addition or IR LEDs as some come with they work pretty good, but cost more (go figure). I have one of these hooked up to a 8" lilliput that flips the image so I can use it as a backup cam with a trailer.
                    "Protecting Privacy and Free Speech Online"
                    http://www.eff.org/

Comment

Would love to see some pics! Could you provide any?

Comment

Working...
                      X