Does Bluetooth version matter?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Bluetooth version matter?

I'm looking at getting a new bluetooth adaptor and i'm looking on pricewatch.com. I see the cheapest ones are USB 1.1 and Bluetooth v1.1. the more expensive ones are USB 1.1 and BLuetooth 1.2, and the most expensive are USB 2.0 and Bluetooth 1.2. Does the version matter? bluetooth 1.2 is the newest according to bluetooth.org.

thanks!
    Progress - VIA EPIA SP8000 | 120 Opus Power Supply & Case | 1GB Ram | 120GB 2.5" Hard Drive | Bluetooth 2.0 | GPRS/3G | Wifi | Road Runner/LSX 2.0 (waiting for a day skin for 3.0) | iGuidance 4.0 | Lilliput 7"

doesnt matter whatsoever. Ebay would be cheapest
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

So your saying that the Tx rate doesn't decrease/increase in any of the USB ver??

Thanatos
      RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
      We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

USB 2.0 is faster than USB 1.1 by 40 times: 480Mbit/s vs 12Mbit/s mileage may vary.
        2008 350z GT Installed since April 22nd 2011 - Worklog
        2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
        Sound Stage
        Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

Comment

I was trying to see if the guy make a mistake saying "doesnt matter whatsoever" but if you (zip) undertood the same as me I guess he is no familiar with PC or data transfer at all

Thanatos.

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Comment

USB 2.0 is definately faster, but i dont' think teh speeds of 1.1 will affect Bluetooth. What is the difference between BT 1.1 and 1.2? is it speed or features and how does that affect drivers and devices?
            Progress - VIA EPIA SP8000 | 120 Opus Power Supply & Case | 1GB Ram | 120GB 2.5" Hard Drive | Bluetooth 2.0 | GPRS/3G | Wifi | Road Runner/LSX 2.0 (waiting for a day skin for 3.0) | iGuidance 4.0 | Lilliput 7"

Comment

i believe if you have a usb2.0 hub, and insert a USB1.1 device, you COULD slow the entire hub's xfer rate to 1.1 speeds, depending on the hub..

someone correct me if I'm wrong please
              Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

i'll say it again. There is NO difference between usb 1.1 or usb 2.0 in terms of BLUETOOTH data transfer. we're not talkin about the speed at which usb transfers data we're talkin about the wireless technology of bluetooth! The advertised difference between 1.1 bluetooth and 1.2 bluetooth is the range. 30 meters for 1.1 and 100 (i believe) for 1.2. Problem is with most bluetooth enabled items (cell phone, headsets, etc) only transmit from 10-30meters. If you had a 1.2 version capable bluetooth devices it MIGHT make a difference but there just isnt a great supply of 1.2 stuff out there.
                mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Have this zonet adapter and it's great. under $10+1.99 shipping after rebate at Newegg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833130024

I believe BT1.2 doesn't suffer from radio interference problems the same way BT1.1 does when in close proximity to a wifi device.

-m
                  Carputer installed!!!
                  Nlited XP+Minlogon, EpiaM10k, 512mb, Seagate 40 gig 2.5" HD, FM Dlink usb radio, DWL122 USB Wifi, XMD1000 tuner, PT5071 6 amp regulator, Xenarc 700TSV, and 1 ikea key box.

Comment

hah! ok if you put it like that.... you have to admit that the firts post wasn't to much of an aswer.

Thanatos.

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Comment

thanks everyone. that answers my questions

Comment

Working...
                      X