Bluetooth Earphone + mic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluetooth Earphone + mic

HI, I am thinking of getting a USB bluetooth dongle and the get a bluetooth heatset for handphone for using it for my car pc. I want the earpiece to act as a earphone and a mic, will it work?

also do i have a buy a different bluetooth dongle for each different item? or one bluetooth dongle is good for connecting all the items? Thanks

IF you geta dongle and wanna use it as a headset you need a Bluetooth v1.2 adapter. v1.0-1.1 doesnt support audio gateway and headset.

I made that mistake. Im using this

http://www.pctekonline.com/blusbaddo.html

with a logitech bluetooth headset. It works great, but sometimes crashes XP.
    2011 Nissan Frontier SL
    AMD X3 2.2 | M4-ATX | 16Gb SSD | 2GB DDR3-1333 | MSI GF615M-P33 MB
    OBDPROS USB | BU-303 GPS l LILLIPUT TS | Car2PC adapter | XM Direct | USB Dual band N with custom mag-mount antenna.

Comment

thanks for the info, i almost got a v1.1.

Comment

Originally posted by Custommx3
        IF you geta dongle and wanna use it as a headset you need a Bluetooth v1.2 adapter. v1.0-1.1 doesnt support audio gateway and headset.

I made that mistake. Im using this

http://www.pctekonline.com/blusbaddo.html

with a logitech bluetooth headset. It works great, but sometimes crashes XP.
        So we need a BT headset and a BT dongle to work with a PC using the mic and speaker from pc's sound card, is this correct?
        Do we need any software to setup?
        Newbie question, I did search, but no details on this.
        Thank you guys!

Comment

As long as your BT dongle supports Audio gatway and headset, your good. The software does the rest.

The only setback is my software directs the audio to the headset, I have to go in audio properties and set the output to my soundcard instead of my headset.
          2011 Nissan Frontier SL
          AMD X3 2.2 | M4-ATX | 16Gb SSD | 2GB DDR3-1333 | MSI GF615M-P33 MB
          OBDPROS USB | BU-303 GPS l LILLIPUT TS | Car2PC adapter | XM Direct | USB Dual band N with custom mag-mount antenna.

Comment

Originally posted by Custommx3
            As long as your BT dongle supports Audio gatway and headset, your good. The software does the rest.

The only setback is my software directs the audio to the headset, I have to go in audio properties and set the output to my soundcard instead of my headset.
            Does the software come with the BT dongle or we need something like Phonecontrol.net? I know my BT dongle support audio gateway but not sure about if it support headset as well.
            Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
            X