No announcement yet.

Engenius/Senao USB Wireless adapter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I bought it originally, now over 2 months ago, I shopped around for the best price AT a trustworthy distributor. I ruled out all the fly-by-night ****bum sales weasles that, like Dag said play games and have no service. That said, I'm sure the price has come down a bit, but weary of where you buy as well, $50 doesn't help you if its a nightmare experience. Oh, and don't haggle too much over the price, this thing is worth whatever you pay
    Its not the cards you're dealt, its how you play the hand!

Originally posted by ryuandwings
    Where can I get a roll of tin foil?
    I been looking for that all over the net, but I can't find it.
    Please help.

Comment

I just got my EnGenius EUB 362-Ext today WOW!!! is all I can say. This thing is awesome. I did a comparison with a few of the cards of have with pics attached below. These screenshots are all from the same spot out on my deck tonight.

My 30mW Orinocco Gold card that I usually use in the laptop seeing 3 AP's:

My new toy, the EnGenius EUB 362-Ext seeing 7 AP's from the exact same spot with the stock antenna:

The 362 with my 7db DLink antenna attached:

And for comparison, my crappy DLink DWL-G122 blows:

And here's my DLink DWL-650+ 802.11b card:

As you can see, there is no comparison. I only wish I had bought this adapter sooner. I am actually surprised more people on here don't use them.
      7" Lilli TS, Soyo K7VME, Semperon 2200, 160GB Maxtor, 512mb PC3200, Deluo GPS, Panasonic Slim DVD/CD RW, Linksys WMP545G , Opus 150w, XMDirect, XP Pro, FP, IG [XXXXXXXXX-] 90%
      ATVMS.com

Comment

what exactly is the difference between the EUB-362 EXT and the EUB-362. the specs are the same according to poleware.com
        [::::::::::] 100% - Planning
        [::::::::::] 80% - Computer
        [::::::::::] 0% - Fabbing
        CarPC:
        SP13000 / 120GB SATA 2.5" / 512MB DDR
        8" Innovatek TS / Globalsat BU-353 / Engenius EUB-362 EXT
        Slot load DVDRW / PS3 Wireless Keyboard

Comment

Originally posted by AllThingsEnd
          what exactly is the difference between the EUB-362 EXT and the EUB-362. the specs are the same according to poleware.com
          The Ext has the detachable antenna allowing you to easily use an external one if you choose.
          7" Lilli TS, Soyo K7VME, Semperon 2200, 160GB Maxtor, 512mb PC3200, Deluo GPS, Panasonic Slim DVD/CD RW, Linksys WMP545G , Opus 150w, XMDirect, XP Pro, FP, IG [XXXXXXXXX-] 90%
          ATVMS.com

Comment

I got one off of ebay a few days ago. It should be here tomorrow. I can't wait.
            $67 if I remember right.
            My Work Thread:
            http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72552
            Source switcher for Lill
            http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...d=1#post841007

Comment

You won't be disappointed. This thing rocks! Going to throw it in my truck today and drive around to what is out there around the places I frequent like work etc.
              ATVMS.com

Comment

What program is on the picture that shows % of signal level (avaiable AP)?
                System: VIA EPIA EN15000,512 MB DDRII,M2-ATX,300GB HDD,XENARC 1020TSV,VoomPC case
                USB: Powermate,WinTV+FM,WLAN 54G,Bluetooth,Haicom GPS mouse SIRFIII
                Software: Windows TinyXP Rev06+MinLogon+EWF+HORM+Centrafuse 1.2
                Honda delSol project
                CarDomain

Comment

Just an FYI for anyone interested. I just found it at Mwave.com for $69 and it says that they have some in stock. I am going call to verify, and if it checks out I will order one tonight. Just thought that I would pass along the info.

Todd
                  EPIA MII 1200, M1-ATX PSU, 1GB PC2100, 80 gig Hitachi HD, Pioneer DVD-RW, Delorme GPS, Lilliput 8"

Comment

I also ordered one from MWAVE, and a 12db cantenna. I've got a troublesome "hop" that needs bridged. ;-}

May have to spray the antenna with poly and mount the USB adapter in an enclosure and mount the whole thing outside, with USB cables/amps along the run.

Comment

Does EUB-362 EXT or the EUB-362 comes out of hibernation ok? Which one will survive hibernate better, the internal or external one?

Thanks

Comment

this litle power house is the shiznit, i got one about 5months ago when it came out my buddy has a mailbox in the states and he was able to get it for 50 shipped, running it with a 7dbi antenna and it rocks about 4-5 times the networks and twice the strength that my crappy usb pen drive has(35mw)
                        Life Dosn't come with a reset button, if it did you might as well turn the game off.

Comment

Originally posted by nemo1 View Post
                          Does EUB-362 EXT or the EUB-362 comes out of hibernation ok? Which one will survive hibernate better, the internal or external one?

Thanks
                          The external one survives hibernation flawlessly.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStealth View Post
                            The external one survives hibernation flawlessly.
                            Thanks for the info...I think I am going for the linksys external one. From the specifications seems like the Engenius is giving better range....too bad it is not sold where I live. Besides that is the linksys the better one to go for? What about other brands like 3com, anyone tested it?

Comment

My linksys has terrible range. It's amazing how much better Engenius is compared to it. I picked mine up on ebay.

Comment

Engenius can survive hibernation no problem?

Comment

Working...
                                X