Cell Phone remote car starter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cell Phone remote car starter

OK, saw a post here somewhere that talked about this. Maybe someone can tell me how to do a proper search, using several words? Is it cell+phone+starter? (that doesn't seem to work) How is this done?

Anyhow, I have a remote starter (actually "had", I ripped the piece of junk out) The range on (even quality) units suck. I want to start my car, even if it's in Hawai. So, I want to use my phone and call it. (or send a text)
    I saw this but it didn't have any more info. I could use T-Mobiles prepay plan ($100 for 365 days) and use their cheapest phone.
    I could open the phone and send maybe a signal from the speaker to a relay?
    Your thoughts and ideas please?

I saw some units somewhere that act as a reciever but they cost a fortune.

EDIT: Or use a pager???
    AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods
    "A great smoking alternative"

if you are looking for better range, maybe a 2-way alarm system? I have an Audiovox 2-way and it has decent range. Can be snagged off of ebay for ~$60
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 1.5L SOHC-VTEC

Comment

Simple way to do it is hook up a relay to the vibrator output of the phone and use it to trigger the remote start starter wire via ground. It could probably be done..maybe through the ringer? Dunno. If I wanted to spend the money on it I could probably make it work. It wouldn't be anything complex, though.

Comment

http://www.connect2car.com/web/mfc.php
        SP13000|M2-ATX|512MB DDR400|2.5" 7200RPM S-ATA|Trans-7"|Slim SL DVD-CDRW|KEH 5.1 DSP|SB L!ve Ext|Gyration PowerMate|BT|WiFi|GPS|WinXP|VoomPC
        GPSing - Digital Speedo
        Relocating headunit and extending faceplate
        Button app to Alt-Tab between two programs

Comment

Why go through all that trouble when you can use a satellite connection? I have this installed on my alarm and it works GREAT!! All I have to do is call an 800 number, input my user id and pin, then I have complete controll over my alarm system and remote starter.
          Check out my install pics; http://mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=70842

Comment

That's pretty cool.

How much is it total? Do you pay monthly?
            SP13000|M2-ATX|512MB DDR400|2.5" 7200RPM S-ATA|Trans-7"|Slim SL DVD-CDRW|KEH 5.1 DSP|SB L!ve Ext|Gyration PowerMate|BT|WiFi|GPS|WinXP|VoomPC
            GPSing - Digital Speedo
            Relocating headunit and extending faceplate
            Button app to Alt-Tab between two programs

Comment

Originally posted by LESLIEx317537
              That's pretty cool.

How much is it total? Do you pay monthly?
              The only fees involved were the cost to actually buy the unit (about $125) and the installation (which I got for free since it was installed with my alarm).
              After that all you have to do is get an account set up with Satronics, then you are good to go.
              Other than the obvious cool factor, this helped me out last Friday when I forgot to put the car in valet mode before I left it at the garage I use while at work. The alarm locked the doors with the key in it. I simply took out my phone, called up the service then the doors opened. Everything is automated; you only have to push buttons on the phone, you never speak with anybody.
              PS
              Anything that you can use your alarm remote for, you can do with this service.

Comment

Where did you sign up with Satronics, the site is under construction. Do you have a direct link to where you sign up?
                AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods

Comment

Originally posted by muldrick
                  Where did you sign up with Satronics, the site is under construction. Do you have a direct link to where you sign up?
                  I only found out about the site being down after purchasing the unit and it had me a bit worried, however it was all good. All the installer had to do was to fill out and fax a form that is included with the cl100 to satronics so that they establish an account...Doing so gives them the ability to test installed units - The next step is the owner of the vehicle filling out a similar form and also faxing it into satronics, this form must inclued; information about the alarm's features, the unit's serial number, a predefined subcriber id number and a user selected pin. My account was set up about 24hrs after faxing the form in.

Among other things, I can arm/disarm the alarm, put the car in valet mode, and start the car from any where in America.

Comment

I just bought one unit, 65 bucks. I also bought the Audiovox remote starter. I hope this'll do it
                    Thanks for your help.
                    AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods

Comment

Originally posted by muldrick
                      I just bought one unit, 65 bucks. I also bought the Audiovox remote starter. I hope this'll do it
                      Thanks for your help.
                      You are welcome and it looks like you got some good prices.
                      Do you already have an alarm installed on the car?
                      The reason I ask is because I have the Prestige APS 997 alarm installed in my car and have full control over all its features. Your setup will probaly only give you control over the remote starter.

Comment

I only have a 95 Concorde, nobody will steal that. It has the stock alarm system, it should suffice. I bought this remote starter from eBay a week or so ago, I now bought the Adiovox one because the Satronics should hook right up to it.

BTW, for sale: remote starter $47.00 Shipped
                        AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods

Comment

EDIT: I guess what I should have mentioned was I was inquiring in regards to the Satronics device:

will this work with all remote starters? I just got one installed in my car around december.. it has remote start, remote door lock/unlock. If so how hard is is to add on this system? So whatever you get the system for (cost wise) is the only fee you will ever have to pay?

Comment

Here

You need basic soldering skills and half a brain. This unit is the shiz-nit. Way more flexible that the premade ones.

4 Inputs(Analogue i.e. Ground sensor or Digital i.e. Volt Sensor)

8 Outputs (Outputs a ground signal which can be connected to a relay to power pretty much anything)

GSM Network
                            12v
                            VIA 1Gig,512mb,Wifi,40GB,OPUS,7" TS,7x6.5" monitors,OEM wiring&fusing,Digital TV,3G Internet, Front and Rear Camera,12v DC PS2.

Comment

Ok for those of us with 1/4 of a brain exactly how does this work? Does it only work with Nokia phones??
                              Current Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro

Second Vehicle: Sold it :( 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

First Vehicle: 2003 Ford Ranger

Comment

Working...
                              X