Bluetooth question V710 phone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluetooth question V710 phone

I have a Motorola V710 phone, when I do a service discovery with my bluetooth software the only service that shows up is Bluetooth DUN, and it works. However the other services like file transfer and serial port service show up as service not available. Is this because of the phone? I edited the seems to allow file transfer and bluetooth. Does anybody know?

is it with verizon?, I know they lock down some services to force you to use there transfer method$
    MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

no serial avail on that phone.. but if you use phoco you can use the port created by DUN.
      mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
      Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
      Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Originally posted by tbird7
        I have a Motorola V710 phone, when I do a service discovery with my bluetooth software the only service that shows up is Bluetooth DUN, and it works. However the other services like file transfer and serial port service show up as service not available. Is this because of the phone? I edited the seems to allow file transfer and bluetooth. Does anybody know?
        Unless you hack the phone, you only get DUN and headset/hands free profiles. If you know enough about hacking the phone, seem editing, etc. you should know that this board is not the right place to get that question answered. Goto Howard Forums or Phonescoop.
        ~Jimmy

Comment

I am trying HOFO also. The main reason I posted here is because I am trying to get Phoco to work with my carputer. When I run the Phoco phone test app it looks like it is working, however when I run the actual phocp app it opens up but there is no phone info there. I have been trying the Phoco forum, but for some reason I can't read the text in that forum. I like it here better anyway.

Comment

use the port that DUN creates and phoco will work.. limitedly. Create a dial up connection on the phone... disconnected.. then run the phone test on that port. It will work.
            mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
            Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
            Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Working...
            X