Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have a V551? Help?

Hi,

I've a friend who desperatly needs some photos copied from her phone. The phone was dropped, so even though the phone is working the screen is not!

I'm guessing I can probably get them off somehow over bluetooth. I don't have the data cable or software though so that side of things is not an option.

It's pretty important to get these photos for her personal reasons so I'm trying my best to figure out a way (photos of her son and her son is VERY sick).

If anyone has a V551 that can tell me the keystrokes required to enable bluetooth then it would be most appreciated.

If anyone has any other thought on how to get them off then that would also be appreciated.

Regards,

Andrew
    06 Volvo XC90
    Use to have installed MII 10000/512Mb/40GB, Lilliput 7", OPUS 90W, Wifi-G PCMCIA, Head Unit Aux adapter, Delorme GPS, XM PCR, Audigy NX, RR
    Car PC downloads: http://carpc.harteveldt.com/

Hello Andrew.

Is that a Cingular service phone? In any case, one possible method for retrieving the photos from internal memory would be having a dealer connect it to their computer. They should have the cable & necessary software to retrieve contents from sim & memory. They sometimes charge a fee for this, though it is at their discretion. If you approach them correctly, they may do it for free.

The only other relatively simple way I can think of is what you've stated.. acquiring the exact keystrokes necessary to enable bluetooth then uploading to a photo kiosk or other enabled retrieval device.

Goodluck..
    ModernVehiclesOnline.com
    News, Information, for modern car enthusiasts

Comment

Originally posted by digitalchaos
      the only other relatively simple way I can think of is what you've stated.. acquiring the exact keystrokes necessary to enable bluetooth then uploading to a photo kiosk or other enabled retrieval device.
      As he stated, this is probably the best way to do it on your own however you run the risk of messing another setting up. If you can find someone else with the phone and test it a few times that would be best.

Is there a cable for the unit? If there is, maybe its worth the 30 or so dollars to get it just for the pictures. Again, as stated above, some dealers will be glad to help, especially in special situations.
      Brown 2010

Comment

menu (the button between) the 2 dots

down

right

center of arrow keys (select)

down 3 times

down 2 times

down 2 times

center of arrow keys (select)2nd time

left dot to the left of the menu button

-----
        this makes the phone dicoverable for 30 seconds

if it doesnt work id suggest a data cable for sure

mine is cingulair btw
        .______
        | '_ |__\___
        [(o)|___(o)] XB
        ._________
        | I__I I_I|_\__I
        [(o)______(o)]b VanPimpin'

LostReceptions Apps D/L Here

GPSGasoline- Rewriting

Draw- SkribblePad for Touchscreens

iGQwerty-iG3.0 Qwerty Keyboard

CarPCNetwork

Comment

Use the cable with Mobile Phone Tools. Also, check out Howardforums.com

Michael
          ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

he'd still have to know when it says "connect to ______?" and then punch in the passcode.

Comment

Originally posted by amthar
              he'd still have to know when it says "connect to ______?" and then punch in the passcode.
              Not with a wired cable. With BT he will still have to do that.

Michael
              ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

If you want a copy of MPT, let me know, I can help you "borrow" a copy......

Peace,

Rafster
                Post # 3000

Comment

I still think cable would be the best way to go....
                  Brown 2010

Comment

Originally posted by amthar
                    That and every time you try to do anything on the phone from the computer it asks you to confim the action on the phone too. Contacting a Dealer is prolly the best bet

Comment

Originally posted by kamikaze2112
                      That and every time you try to do anything on the phone from the computer it asks you to confim the action on the phone too. Contacting a Dealer is prolly the best bet
                      With a cable that you can get on Ebizzle for about $7, you really can't go wrong.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/For-MOTOROLA-V33...QQcmdZViewItem

Peace,

Rafster
                      Post # 3000

Comment

Working...
                      X