OnStar integraded phone! HACK?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OnStar integraded phone! HACK?

Does someone know if there is a hack to connect the integrated phone to bluetooth or something of that nature. Or in plain to use the integrated phone system with MY cellphone (not verizon) and without subscribtion?
    2005 tahoe

so.....you wanna use a phone.....with no subscription?

you wanna pay $1 a minute?
    PC Components:
    Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
    My work log

Comment

No. There's no way to utilize the onstar speaker/mic with your standard phone, not over bluetooth, not over anything. You can't use it without a subscription, and you can't tie it into anything except Verizon.

Once again, this is a Car PC forum. You might have better luck checking out either a Tahoe forum or something like Howard Forums. Not that you'll get a better answer than 'NO', but just giving a heads up.

Comment

Technically, there's a way to do a Bluetooth Headset Hack.
        He'd have to plug a BT headset to the OnStar's amp (and mic).
        Keep in mind not to cut too many original wires so that you could use OnStar as it's supposed to be used in the future.

Examples:
        Hack #1
        Hack #2
        For Sale: Carputer (CarPC) & RCA Y-Adapter
        Newsflash: Take a look at my unsold stuff above, thanks!
        Up Next: Make an OBD to Serial cable & Redo the "MMI buttons"

Comment

Originally posted by DJiK
          Technically, there's a way to do a Bluetooth Headset Hack.
          He'd have to plug a BT headset to the OnStar's amp (and mic).
          Keep in mind not to cut too many original wires so that you could use OnStar as it's supposed to be used in the future.

Examples:
          Hack #1
          Hack #2
          I have to to do #1 now. My existence isn't complete without that.
          Current projects: iGmod reloaded (Latest release) (put on hiatus indefinatly)

Unlimited Internet and gps tracking for $6 a month with boost mobile!

Carputer 2: www.lmaocar.com

Comment

Apparently I sit corrected!

Comment

first of all, thank you to the people that tried answering my thread. 2nd, why is it that people who have no freakin clue even respond.
              Let me make it clear what i am wanting to do.

It is possible, as many of you know......to use the onstar gps feature with your own pc/ laptop/ carputer. etc. with a fairly simple hack/ mod.

I want to use the MIC/ SPEAKER for my own phone, by attaching/ soldering a bluetooth adapter to the onstar's phone unit. I simply would like to use the equipment in the car that happened to be linked to onstar.

Comment

Originally posted by TangTang
                I want to use the MIC/ SPEAKER for my own phone, by attaching/ soldering a bluetooth adapter to the onstar's phone unit. I simply would like to use the equipment in the car that happened to be linked to onstar.
                With the hacks I showed you above, you could do just that.
                All you need is a $30 BT HS, OnStar's schematics, soldering skills, and time.

Good luck.
                For Sale: Carputer (CarPC) & RCA Y-Adapter
                Newsflash: Take a look at my unsold stuff above, thanks!
                Up Next: Make an OBD to Serial cable & Redo the "MMI buttons"

Comment

...why is it that people who have no freakin clue even respond...
                  Relax man, that's what forums are all about, learning from others. It's good that jahntassa participated in this form, cause he now knows it can be done...

I think Jahntassa was going along the lines of not hacking, about keeping it the same stock stuff... You can connect just about anything to anything else by choppin it up and attaching something else to it.

It's ok. That's why we're here. You have no clue either, why else would you be asking?
                  Tidder

Try RevFE
                  The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

first of all, thank you to the people that tried answering my thread. 2nd, why is it that people who have no freakin clue even respond.
                    Let me make it clear what i am wanting to do.
                    Take it wasy newbie.

It is possible, as many of you know......to use the onstar gps feature with your own pc/ laptop/ carputer. etc. with a fairly simple hack/ mod.
                    Who cares quite being cheap.

Your repeating yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunmaster
                      Take it wasy newbie.
                      *easy
                      Who cares quite being cheap.
                      *quit
                      Your repeating yourself.
                      *You're
                      Current projects: iGmod reloaded (Latest release) (put on hiatus indefinatly)

Unlimited Internet and gps tracking for $6 a month with boost mobile!

Carputer 2: www.lmaocar.com

Comment

Originally posted by PURDooM
                        I have to to do #1 now. My existence isn't complete without that.
                        Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

Onstar and Bluetooth

I have a 2003 Acura TL with the ONSTAR system. It is the "Analog" version and cannot be upgraded, so in 2008, it will be totally worthless. (I never used it anyway because of the cost). I see that people are talking about hooking a bluetooth connection into the built in microphone and speakers in the vehicle. I am definately interested in doing that, but am not much of an electronics guy. I do however have the schematics from a service manual for the the ONSTAR system and would be happy to send them to whoever is a genius and would be willing to come up with a good solution to this problem. Let me know. Mike (Guest)

Comment

Originally posted by guest View Post
                            I have a 2003 Acura TL with the ONSTAR system. It is the "Analog" version and cannot be upgraded, so in 2008, it will be totally worthless. (I never used it anyway because of the cost). I see that people are talking about hooking a bluetooth connection into the built in microphone and speakers in the vehicle. I am definately interested in doing that, but am not much of an electronics guy. I do however have the schematics from a service manual for the the ONSTAR system and would be happy to send them to whoever is a genius and would be willing to come up with a good solution to this problem. Let me know. Mike (Guest)
                            What you have to do is one of the following,

Find the MIC and the Speaker wires for your car, and then connect them to a blue tooth headset where the MIC and Speaker connect to, respectively, and hope that the speaker and the mic are compatible with the now taken apart BT headset, OR,

You can hack the BT headset, and extend the wires for the MIC and Speaker and mount them where the MIC and Speaker are now mounted in your car. The second option will cause UNBELIEVABLY low audio. This may be overcome with another, larger speaker, but again, it must be compatible with the hacked headset.

Option 1 is best, because the cars speaker and mic are designed to be used in the cars environemtn.

Michael
                            ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Care to just post an image instead?

Do the above links not apply to your onstar system?
                              Tidder

Try RevFE
                              The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

Working...
                              X