Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WifiHopper Crashing

Hi,
    I have the newest version of WifiHopper, which I downloaded from their site (http://www.wifihopper.com). I also have TinyXP Revision05 as the OS. I first tried installing the trial to my data partition (E, but when I launched the program it would say "WifiHopper encountered an internal error...blahblahblah". Then I thought maybe it needed to be installed to the windows root drive, so I installed it again to C: . The same event occurred when launching from the new install location. I am guessing that the problem lies within TinyXP, since it works on my MS Server 2003R2 server. Can anyone confirm/have a fix?

Thanks,
    -Elliot

I have also attached the error logs, although they are unintelligible in notepad.
    Attached Files
    2002 Acura RSX CarPC Worklog
    Current CarPC Expenses

Originally posted by Pistolen08 View Post
    when I launched the program it would say "WifiHopper encountered an internal error...blahblahblah".
    Funny, I got the exact same problem with a similar setup...
    You really think it's TinyXP causing this?
    Me, myself and my car

Comment

That's the only thing I can think of. This really sucks, because I want to map out my city's wifi spots. Has anyone actually got it to run under TinyXP?

-Elliot
      Current CarPC Expenses

Comment

I've asked the same question on the wifihoppers forum, but it seems to be low activity there...
        Me, myself and my car

Comment

I will e-mail my error log to them and see what they make of it. It might have to do with a required file that was deleted in TinyXP.
          Current CarPC Expenses

Comment

Ok, I e-mailed in my crash log to WifiHopper and here was their response:

Hello Elliot,

The issue with TinyXP is that the WMI service is missing. The WMI service is used by WiFi Hopper to determine whether a connection has been successfully established to a remote network. However, WiFi Hopper should be able to function without WMI.

I'm attaching a binary Usermode.exe which will ignore the lack of WMI. Kindly rename the uncompressed file from Usermode.ex_ to Usermode.exe and place it in the WiFi Hopper installation folder, replacing the existing file. Let me know if this works,

Thanks,
            Divya Thakur
            I'll attach it as well so others can try.

-Elliot
            Attached Files
            Current CarPC Expenses

Comment

Great, have you tried it?
              Me, myself and my car

Comment

I tried the new exe, but the same thing happens. I e-mailed the support guy back, but I don't have a response yet. I'll let you know when I hear back from them.
                Current CarPC Expenses

Comment

Any news?

Me, myself and my car

Comment

I e-mail'ed him, asking for an update and this was his reply:
                    Hello Elliot,

Apologies for the delay. I need a little backlogged and need more time to work this out. If your trial version is about to expire, I will be pleased to give you a complementary registration key.

Regards,
                    Divya Thakur
                    Current CarPC Expenses

Comment

Seems like a nice guy..
                      ok, lets wait...
                      Thanks!
                      Me, myself and my car

Comment

Yes keep us updated as I intend to go this route a some point and you are paving the way for others. Stay after that guy!

Comment

Sorry for being eager, but is there any news?
                          Me, myself and my car

Comment

Any news? Same problem here.

Comment

i kinda gave up on it. I tried so many things, but nothing worked. I just installed a regular copy of XP and removed the stuff I didn't need. TinyXP was giving me too many problems. I hope maybe it will work in the next release.
                              Current CarPC Expenses

Comment

Working...
                              X