Wimax Is Live in Washintong DC and Northern VA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wimax Is Live in Washintong DC and Northern VA

xohm is running in the dc area with spotty coverage,in test mode.

what speeds are you getting?

Comment

Originally posted by solrackm View Post
      xohm is running in the dc area with spotty coverage,in test mode.
      Well the official website says it is only in Baltimore now, with DC and Chicago coming soon, so I doubt they are done yet.
      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
      Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

I purchased home modem device in baltimore and brought it back with me to the northern virginia area, the highest speeds i acheived so far is 1.9 down and 1.1 up and thats in the southern fairfax county area of virginia.

Comment

it is not officially available yet in my area,but if you have xohm device you can connect to the network since it is in testing phase.

Comment

so far the highest speeds I received is 5.8 down 2.9 up in springfield,va

Comment

thats interesting.. hows the pricing monthly compared to say verizon's 59.99/mo plan that i've been pretty happy with
              mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
              Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
              Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
                thats interesting.. hows the pricing monthly compared to say verizon's 59.99/mo plan that i've been pretty happy with
                Here is a screen shot of my bill. I think it goes up from30$ to 35$ in 6 months. As soon as time allows, I plan on canceling Comcast and doing their bundle deal which is around 50-60$ for a home modem and a mobile modem. The home modem gets around 6.5 down in my neighborhood.

Comment

thats actually pretty nice if you never leave ya home area. But i think i'll have to keep my verizon. Sure its twice as much but it works everywhere i go.
                  mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                  Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                  Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
                    thats actually pretty nice if you never leave ya home area. But i think i'll have to keep my verizon. Sure its twice as much but it works everywhere i go.
                    Due to the amount of travel I do, I am keeping my verizon card as well. Until the network gets more of a build out, I don't see many options.

Comment

were would i find this to buy...

Comment

Originally posted by pioneer1976 View Post
                        were would i find this to buy...
                        pioneer, you can buy it at XOHM.com. I work with XOHM so if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Comment

I have a question...

What is the coverage in NOVA? (loudon county, etc)

Comment

Well i have to say i signed up for Xohm yesterday, knowing that my home is out of the coverage area. They activated the device in the store for me. When i got home all i had to do was plug it in, and it works. For being out of coverage, i did a speed test and got 3 down and 1.5 up, speeds were not to shabby. The home service is $35 a month with a $10 off promotion. If you lock in now you can pay for $25 for life. No matter what happens -- Xohm could become clearwire in the coming months or vice versa or whoever else can get the largest market share.

Baltimore is currently the only officially supported xOhm location. So if you are from the Balt/DC area, and are interested in Xohm, i would recommend signing up now before prices change.

Comment

Oo yes, the home modem - though large and clunky - is powered by a 12v 2a brick. It has 2 ethernet ports and 2 external antenna plugs. If i wasnt so afraid of drilling a hole in my roof i think this might be the perfect companion.

Comment

Working...
                              X