NEW SERVER! - Forums going down this friday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW SERVER! - Forums going down this friday

Its finally time everyone. Time to get us onto the new faster server, and upgraded to vbulletin 4.0. (crowd cheering in the background).

The forums will go down Friday 2/4/11 at 2pm EST. And they will be down for hopefully no more than 8 hours. But I plan to be there till Sunday If need be.

The new forum is gonna be a fresh start. Here are the plugins that made the cut.
    Vbulletin Blog
    Vbulletin CMS
    VB Image Hosting
    VB Project Tools
    Vault Wiki - with imported data from adv FAQ
    Advanced statistics on the homepage
    All of our smilies

Feel free to checkout vbulletin 4 and see what cool features it brings along. Such as better video integration, facebook integration and much more.

I will also be able to make much more robust plugins for the new system, like a working version of VB Garage where you can store all of your ride and carputer information.

Feel free to leave comments, I will be reading this thread.

Thanks everyone!

- Sean

So what will be kept in this fresh start?

Hopefully all threads will stay in the database and are backwards compatible?

User name/password combos remain the same? Avatars, stats, danglies?

What about the live New Posts? I always liked that...
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

All thread, forum and post data will be kept. Along with images and user information. Plus the items listed in the above post.

Comment

Ill double check on live posts

Comment

If it doesn't have one-touch spam ban and clean, I vote NO for an upgrade! That feature alone is GOLD!
          Originally posted by ghettocruzer
          I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
          Want to:
          -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
          -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Originally posted by Bugbyte View Post
            If it doesn't have one-touch spam ban and clean, I vote NO for an upgrade! That feature alone is GOLD!
            lol yes i will miss that one too
            mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
            Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
            Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

so from the one-touch ban and clean mod
              *** Staff note: The author of this modification has passed away in a diving accident. We wish his family all strength in dealing with this tragic issue. ***

So I will need to build one for this If i can't find someone who already did.

Comment

Ouch. That's unexpectedly tragic.
                Originally posted by ghettocruzer
                I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
                Want to:
                -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
                -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

do you need ban&delete all only, or do you also need the option to ban without deleting posts?

Comment

Question: What is wrong with clicking on the post, then saying "delete as spam".
                    on that screen you can delete all posts by that user and ban them.

What is this plugin doing that is different?

Comment

So what i've done is added an option under the user menu. It says One-Touch Ban.

Clicking that will take you to a page where you can say "delete all posts and threads by this user", "soft or physical remove", and "ban user".

Sound good?

Comment

Is it possible to somehow keep a record of banned people and why they were banned and by who

I know we have a banned people's list at present but there is no info as to who banned them and why. (unless maybe it's only admins that can see this info)

Comment

Originally posted by optikalefx View Post
                          Question: What is wrong with clicking on the post, then saying "delete as spam".
                          on that screen you can delete all posts by that user and ban them.

What is this plugin doing that is different?
                          As the name implies, it bans the user and deletes all their posts in one easy operation.
                          Without the plugin, the mod/admins have to ban the user, then hunt down all their posts and delete them one by one, which is tedious.

This is really great for those high-speed spammers that drop a couple dozen spam messages within a matter of minutes, or the disgruntled user who posts hate-filled posts as quickly as they can.
                          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Forgive me if im misunderstanding as I don't use the tool. The default "delete as spam" moderation option has a checkbox for "delete all posts and threads by this user". Its there now, you can try it. Just check the box next to someones post and go down to the bottom of the page and hit "delete as spam" and in the next screen you have all those options. No hunting or pecking required.

However for the new forum i've made it much easier to get there, i basically added those first 3 steps in one click under the users name in the post.

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
                            As the name implies, it bans the user and deletes all their posts in one easy operation.
                            Without the plugin, the mod/admins have to ban the user, then hunt down all their posts and delete them one by one, which is tedious.

This is really great for those high-speed spammers that drop a couple dozen spam messages within a matter of minutes, or the disgruntled user who v hate-filled posts as quickly as they can.

Comment

Working...
                            X