No announcement yet.

Intel wants to sell more chips

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel wants to sell more chips

Here are two reports on the same show: Intel's [email protected] event.

The first is from Fast Company, with an interesting video:

Intel's Smart Car Knows When Thieves Are Breaking In

and the other, from Dailytech, has a more sinister(?) take on the technology Intel is working on:

Intel Developing Car Tech Which Could Send Crash Video to Police, Insurance Agencies

/me notes a couple more ideas for his "connected car". I think the big issue with this "smart car" is one that I've been working on: power efficiency. you aren't going to be able to run today's atom chips very long when the car is off before you have dead batteries. Especially if you are recording and being "connected" to the cloud as the video suggests.

In the future, I hope atom platforms are able to handle the cpu load and not drain the battery too quickly at the same time.

Cool demo. I got some good ideas from it.
    Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
    Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
    Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

And that's why I'm posting. I enjoy watching ideas and information spread.

Thanks for that post! This is exactly the vision I have for my connected car. Using php and a web page, the Sheeva or any low power device, interacts with the car and does the grunt work. The display is interchangeable. Sometimes it's your phone, sometimes it's your web browser, sometimes it's your iPad, whatever.

Functionality is distributed to/received from wherever it makes sense. OBDII codes might be looked up from the cloud, music might be played from your hard drive, iPod, or Pandora.

Originally posted by ghettocruzer
        I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
        Want to:
        -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
        -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

spammers aggravate me. i WILL follow you around the forum. quit posting things that have nothing to do with car computers. yet another post reported..
          My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
          "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
          carpc undecided

Wrong! I bag Louis Vuitton - especially those fakes... (so often found on web sellers...)

Yes, I too aggravate. And enjoy getting even with highly inflated interest.
            Onya Soundman!