Ford SYNC adds features

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford SYNC adds features

Ford continues to add to the features that they put into their integrated solution. Here's a post from Engadget that has a press release from Ford attached:

Engadget: In a world of automotive cellphone hate, Ford promotes SYNC as the solution

They've added some lockout features, as well as the ability for your car to read SMS messages to you. I dunno... some of the messages I get would sound pretty bad read out loud.

If you head over to YouTube, Ford has a number of videos demonstrating the various features of SYNC on their channel

I may have to head over to the local Ford dealer to try it out myself.

it almost seems weird to see ford as the car company quickly becoming the leader in in-vehicle entertainment... i would have expected one of the luxury companies to come to teh market with a viable solution first..

though, it is great to see that ford working with a platform that can be updated like that, when compared to the usual 2-3 year old tech that usually goes into new cars these days..
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

Auto manufacturers need to learn to design infotainment systems with standardized hardware so that software can be updated as manufacturing time approaches. Its a shame none of them have figured that out.
      openMobile - An open source C# Front End (why choose openMobile?)
      - Always Recruiting Developers -
      Like what you see? Donations are always welcome

Comment

SYNC: better voice recognition

I'm just going to add this new press release to this thread, as Ford is rolling right along with their development and the details....

FORD AND NUANCE ADVANCE VOICE RECOGNITION OF SYNC: NOW FASTER, FRIENDLIER, MORE PERSONAL

Comment

...and here's an independent review of the system, going into more detail on how the latest version is set up and how it works:

Gearlog: Hands-On Preview: MyFord Touch Makes Sync Even Better

Comment

Working...
          X