This is cute!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is cute!

Intel based PCs are getting smaller and smaller!

liliputing.com: Toradex’s xiilun

assuming its a single-core processor? I sure do wish they'd do something about the crappy GMA graphics platform.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

3.9W? that's incredible! You could power that with a hampster!

Comment

I'd be very interested to see the price point on that, looks very promising.
        "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
        RevFE
        My Shop

Comment

Yes what?

I'm loving that trhese tings are getting smaller and the HDMI for video also helps, but the issue will soon become the size of the plugs for the peripherals which are almost as big as the unit itself.

If you are making something that small you should really be thinking of mini usb as opposed to full usb sockets.

Comment

Yeah, very small. It looks like an USB hub.
            Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
            Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

Comment

I like small pcs, cute and easy to carry

Comment

May be an interesting answer for people looking for a single din solution. It would be nice to see a dual core one though... They could probably just use the case as a heat sink.

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
                  Yes what?

I'm loving that trhese tings are getting smaller and the HDMI for video also helps, but the issue will soon become the size of the plugs for the peripherals which are almost as big as the unit itself.

If you are making something that small you should really be thinking of mini usb as opposed to full usb sockets.

I agree but can be possibly used for some integrations.
                  "Live Free!!!...It's all about Open Source"
                  Recent Proj
                  Old Proj II
                  Old Proj I
                  YouTube:Project Videos
                  Homepage: HexxWorld.net
                  Twitter:http://twitter.com/hexxamillion

Comment

I'm using a QBOX-1010 for my car pc. That's quite cute too

Comment

Smaller and smaller is going to be the norm. Heck, how long will it be until your cell phone is powerful enough to be your primary computing device for applications like what a carpc is doing? A year or two until it can drive a full size monitor/touchscreen?

Comment

Originally posted by JKrepps View Post
                        Smaller and smaller is going to be the norm. Heck, how long will it be until your cell phone is powerful enough to be your primary computing device for applications like what a carpc is doing? A year or two until it can drive a full size monitor/touchscreen?
                        A year or two? What kind of a rock have you been living under? That technology is already here
                        "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
                        RevFE
                        My Shop

Comment

^ just not really fully-implemented because the corporations see no reason to go after such a small market share..
                          My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
                          "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
                          carpc undecided

Comment

Pretty much what soundman98 said. I should have clarified: a year or two until I see the technology really reaching widespread use (outside of current generation tablets). Some of the new phones coming out are impressive, but again, the market needs to grow/mature to really see the full exploitation of the tech. (I will admit I am 'only' using a Galaxy 1 device, so not as powerful as the newest dual core beasts coming to market, but not impressed enough to call the phone more than a nifty feature rich toy. It won't replace any of my primary computing devices for anything but the most basic tasks)

Comment

i really don't see the mobile device catching on to any serious degree with what this forum does. i think they are getting close, but the interfaces are still a very long way off from being anywhere near what we use, or what the oem's offer for indash infotainment.

after all, this is a techie forum, so it is more difficult to make us happy, and i believe that techies are a minority in the overall population..
                              My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
                              "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
                              carpc undecided

Comment

Working...
                              X