Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ford is the first to go "all in" with in car entertainment -Bye Bye CD's!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford is the first to go "all in" with in car entertainment -Bye Bye CD's!

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/car-t...eath-of-the-cd
    My 2007 Ford F350 Work Log located HERE

i really like cd's, but i guess it is a understandable move.
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

I'm sure they are tracking the CD sales market and like you said "is understandable". Just like cassettes though, it will take years before the last CD player disappears from new cars. Heck, they wanted to hold onto cassettes so long, my 99 Super Duty and possibly my '03 (can't remember on that one for sure) came with the "dual media head unit that did both CD and Cassette.

Comment

Well someone has to start the trend. No matter how you try to fight it eventually they will all disappear. I can't tell you the last time I've even played a cd. I don't even know if my cd player is still operational. So much easier and convenient to use your mp3 player or usb loaded w/ media.
        Project X10 Belazer
        Progress: NEVER ENDING!!!
        http://www.mp3car.com/show-off-your-...ime-puter.html

Comment

Im sure they will keep a AUX port to connect something external, but I have to say, I havent used CDs in the longest! Now DVD I do use.
          Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
          4X MK808b
          3x Perixx Touchpads
          3x 7 inch Screens
          1X 7 inch motorized Screen
          1x Win 7 PC

Comment

If they only keep the Aux port, they loose features. Will be nice when the standard for factory radios becomes a USB or similar port that allows customers to choose an adapter for their device. Already possible with some companies/models, but does not seem to be the standard from what I have seen.

Comment

^^^ I agree. At this time, the most versatile input would be a USB port assuming the factory head unit could support HD's etc. Not just USB memory sticks. Either way, it's irrelevant to me due to the short period of time any stock head units stays in my vehicles. I think my trucks factory head has about 3 hours on it (from the dealer home and until the first weekend when I ripped it out)

Comment

With that said it always puzzled me why Microsoft didn't make the Zune have audio over USB capabilities. I love all my Zunes I've ever owned, especially my current ZUNE HD. It urks me that this was never an option.
                Project X10 Belazer
                Progress: NEVER ENDING!!!
                http://www.mp3car.com/show-off-your-...ime-puter.html

Comment

I havent bought a cd since napster was in pre-beta lol
                  mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                  Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                  Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Working...
                  X