Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

August 12, 2008 - 7" Transflective in action. Serious Action.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August 12, 2008 - 7" Transflective in action. Serious Action.

One of our military customers who regularly installs MP3car's 7 transflective LCD product in Apache helicopters was kind enough to share some photos side by side with aircraft instruments. From what we are told this is as close as you can get to military grade sunlight readability without spending military amounts of cash. Very cool! Thanks for sharing the photos.

Cool, yes. Where are the oh-so-important daylight pictures? Isn't that the whole point of the transflective? You got my hopes up...

Comment

And no pictures IN the helicopter?
      2001 Mustang Convertible Worklog
      Indigo Custom Frontend (Flash/Delphi)
      Blog

Qube v1.3 Now Available at the mp3Car Store!!!!!!
      The simplest IO controller you'll ever use!

Comment

Originally posted by Fiberoptic View Post
        One of our military customers who regularly installs MP3car's 7 transflective LCD product in Apache helicopters
        Why would he regularly install "MP3CAR" or "Lilliput" products in an Apache Helicopter...Is MP3CAR or Lilliput a Department of Defence Approved Vendor?

Or is this his personal Apache.

Excellent comparison anyways.

Comment

That appears to be a Sikorsky S-92 helicopter, rather than an Apache.
          Originally posted by ghettocruzer
          I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
          Want to:
          -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
          -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Originally posted by Bugbyte View Post
            Yep, Not an Apache
            If you cant DODGE em, RAM em.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramanator View Post
              Yep, Not an Apache

Hmm. That makes sense. I thought it was an Apache modified by sikorsky. I will change this later.

Comment

Originally posted by Bugbyte View Post
                How do you know this stuff? I am impressed.

Comment

Actually my first guess was a BlackHawk, although they are manufactuerd by Sikorsky. I think the Apache was Developed by Boeing.
                  If you cant DODGE em, RAM em.

Comment

Hmm. That makes sense. I thought it was an Apache modified by sikorsky. I will change this later.
                    I fixed the blog and called it Sikorsky.

Comment

How do you know this stuff? I am impressed.
                      I'm in the aviation field, I read Aviation Week, which has lots of features on helicopters and my father was an Army aviator who flew both fixed and rotary wing aircraft. I knew the Apache was an attack helicopter and that picture wasn't it. The only companies that make big choppers are Bell, Sikorsky and some European manufacturers like Westland, Augusta or Eurocopter. You can tell from the picture that it isn't European and Sikorsky makes the Navy and Air Force cargo variants that have a very similar fuselage. A quick trip to the Sikorsky web site got me the right designation.

Waay more than you wanted to know, I bet.
                      Originally posted by ghettocruzer
                      I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
                      Want to:
                      -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
                      -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalVampire View Post
                        Why would he regularly install "MP3CAR" or "Lilliput" products in an Apache Helicopter...Is MP3CAR or Lilliput a Department of Defence Approved Vendor?

Or is this his personal Apache.

Excellent comparison anyways.
                        UCAV's use Xbox360 controllers lol... Why spend daft money on technology that already exists and is well priced?

Comment

Originally posted by TheGuv View Post
                          UCAV's use Xbox360 controllers lol... Why spend daft money on technology that already exists and is well priced?
                          Why bump a year old thread to show that you have alittle bit of knowledge about something?
                          2005 Infiniti G35 6MT Coupe Black/Black
                          Core Duo CarPC
                          CarDomain page

Comment

Because it came up in a search and I didn't look at the dates... Thanks for the response made my day.

Comment

Working...
                            X