Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video Tour - Fanless Micro Intel Vehicle Computer (Built by Mp3car)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Tour - Fanless Micro Intel Vehicle Computer (Built by Mp3car)

Video Tour of the New - New- Fanless Micro Intel Vehicle Computer (Built by Mp3car)

Mp3car picks the best of the best, reliable and low cost components for their new custom computer package.
    To Be released On Friday on the Mp3car Store

Pricing currently at 287$

For a limited time, we are making some of the add on components available at a large discount.
    • The Vehicle power kit including the p2140 is 15$ off retail prices.
    • The ee25 Industrial grade hard drives are being sold for only a 20$ upgrade.
    For 10 or more units we can customize the enclosure to provide access to other motherboard features or make other customizations:
    • SSD Or Flash Storage
    • Linux/XP Embedded or other OS preinstalled
    • Audio input ports
    • External Wifi Port
    • Serial Ports
    • 4 more USB Ports
    • Less Memory
    • Com Ports
    • PS2 Ports
    • LVDS Connectors
    • ESATA
    • Parallel port

The more I hear about this board, the more I like it. The case for is amazing. If I hadn't built my own cases (modded HP 5510 thin client cases), I would have bought the ones you are now selling. Its very slim and minimalistic.
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

Comment

It also has a thermal compound on the bottom of the case which transfers heat to the aluminum body. Some thought went into this unit's design and I think we can add a lot by customizing the case for specific purposes.

Comment

am i the only one that can barely hear rob in that video?
        mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
        Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
        Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
          am i the only one that can barely hear rob in that video?
          The Mic only recorded the left channel. That probably has something to do with it. Doh!

Comment

I see this board only has 1 audio out (2channel), how would I go about connecting this to a 2ch amp? just with a 3.5mm stereo to rca plug??

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_A31 View Post
              I see this board only has 1 audio out (2channel), how would I go about connecting this to a 2ch amp? just with a 3.5mm stereo to rca plug??
              yes. There are also SPDIF outputs and other outputs accessible on the motherboard headers. Check the manual for details.

Comment

Does this motherboard support dual video? Or is it only 1 at a time. Does the DVI output analog so you can use 2 VGA monitors?
                Tidder

Try RevFE
                The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

Originally posted by Tidder View Post
                  Does this motherboard support dual video? Or is it only 1 at a time. Does the DVI output analog so you can use 2 VGA monitors?

It does support Dual video output, but I don't know if you can use a dvi to analog adapter on the dvi port which would give you two analog vga outputs. I will try that later today.

Comment

Judging by the pictures of the mobo, I don't think so. The DVI port doesn't have the 4 holes around that slit on the right. I think those are where the RGB signals come from for analog. Bummer.
                    Tidder

Try RevFE
                    The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

Originally posted by Tidder View Post
                      Judging by the pictures of the mobo, I don't think so. The DVI port doesn't have the 4 holes around that slit on the right. I think those are where the RGB signals come from for analog. Bummer.
                      Agreed. It doesn't look like it will work. This might be a good excuse to buy some Lilliput DVI monitors when they come out.

Comment

Hi,

Ive bought this board and i also discovered that the DVI port is a DVI-D... i was also planning to connect to VGA screens to this board...

Is there a way around this without installing another vidoe card or buying a expensive converter?

Would this plug work? http://www.kvconnection.com/ProductD...00A&Click=4099

Comment

I highly doubt a digital to analog conversion happens inside that plug. If you find out it works, let us know. 20$ wouldn't be a bad price for that.

Comment

well ive just got off the phone with the Intel support desk and they also could not give me an awnser but they also asked me to let them know when i tried it out.

Just orderd this one: http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...EOIBSA:NL:1123

Ill let you guys know if it works!

Comment

Originally posted by yellow99 View Post
                              Hi,

Ive bought this board and i also discovered that the DVI port is a DVI-D... i was also planning to connect to VGA screens to this board...

Is there a way around this without installing another vidoe card or buying a expensive converter?

Would this plug work? http://www.kvconnection.com/ProductD...00A&Click=4099
                              I personally use DVI-D in my install. I know you are trying to get a cheap adapter, but I will educate you. First off, DVI-D can not be converted from the PC to analog. You can only convert the screen to DVI-D. Meaning the adapter connects to the screen rather then the PC. They warn doing it any other will cause harm. Here is the one I bought: http://www.hdfury.com/. It is alittle pricey, but works really really well. The way I have mine setup is a DVI-D cable going from the PC to the rear of my car. Then the HD Fury is plugged into that cable, then plugged into a powered VGA splitter which then goes to 7 screens. Now even doing it this way, causes me to have issues. When in BIOS, the screens will not show anything and the screens will bleed. Once Windows loads up though, all is good. I know it isn't what you wanted to hear, but I spent about 5 months researching this and talking directly with IEI and AMD about my board and it DVI-D port. My guess is that its cheaper to simply use a pure digital port then to make it have to convert to analog. Otherwise I do not know why INTEL did it on this board because my main system board is made for high end multimedia applications, with X2 core, with a really good GPU and what not. The INTEL is only 1 core, and not really big on graphics, so IDK, I think it has to do with production costs.
                              Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                              4X MK808b
                              3x Perixx Touchpads
                              3x 7 inch Screens
                              1X 7 inch motorized Screen
                              1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Working...
                              X