AFKfest 2009 - MaxBob Car Computer Install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFKfest 2009 - MaxBob Car Computer Install

Rob Wray from mp3Car talks with MaxBob about his car installation. He has fabricated his own semi-circular dash extension to re-locate the face plate of his radio. He has actually left the radio installed, and just moved the face plate that way he can put the 7 inch touch screen in place while not losing his FM radio.

Hey that's me!!!!! MaxBob = Acidpunch Wooooot!!!
    CarPC:
    Jetway MB w/1.5GHz C7 CPU, 512MB RAM, 120GB SATA, M2-ATX, BT, WiFi, OBD II, Mobile Impact, and RR

Sound:
    JVC KD-BT1, Crunch 1500 Watt mono, Power Acoustic Fubar 12" DVC, factory speakers for now...

Comment

i am really impressed with how u used an Ethernet cable to extend the faceplate of the stereo to the top "hump".

btw we met at the carpc meet in august, i was the 1st person u showed ur car to.
      trinybwoy

2006 Mazda6 Carpc

2008 Acura TSX Nexus 7

Comment

Awesome Fabrication Job, very creative

What sand paper grit did you use to make it look so smooth. Also what type of Paint?
        "Camputer - 2005 Toyota Camry LE"

Comment

I love how he left the EBY701 alone. Its looks more like a headunit now, which looks way more OEM to me. The headunit idea was cool too.
          Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
          4X MK808b
          3x Perixx Touchpads
          3x 7 inch Screens
          1X 7 inch motorized Screen
          1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Hey everyone. Thanks for the kind words. I will remain humble, though.

trinybwoy: I didn't forget. I appreciated your compliments. Can't wait to see yours at the next AFKfest.

sharpmusic: Thanks!!! I worked my way up to a 1000 grit wet sand. The trick is to take your time, which can be really hard to do. I used 3 coats of black exterior trim paint. I personally like NAPA auto parts brand, but there are probably better ones out there

HiJack: Did it look better in the vid.? I recall you not being real crazy about the pictures i put up. But, you basically didn't like the same things i didn't like about it. Haha

Anyway, thanks again everybody.
            CarPC:
            Jetway MB w/1.5GHz C7 CPU, 512MB RAM, 120GB SATA, M2-ATX, BT, WiFi, OBD II, Mobile Impact, and RR

Sound:
            JVC KD-BT1, Crunch 1500 Watt mono, Power Acoustic Fubar 12" DVC, factory speakers for now...

Comment

Originally posted by AcidPunch View Post
              Hey everyone. Thanks for the kind words. I will remain humble, though.

HiJack: Did it look better in the vid.? I recall you not being real crazy about the pictures i put up. But, you basically didn't like the same things i didn't like about it. Haha

Anyway, thanks again everybody.
              HAHAHAHAHA, right now I am humble, but I know once my install is done, my genetically inherited ego will kick in once done, lol.

Yea it does look different in the video, lmfao. I guess its like a drag queen, in certain light you swear their a girl until you get better lighting, then your like what the f*#k.

PS: I remember now, all I hated was how high the round part was. Other then that I luv the rest.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
              4X MK808b
              3x Perixx Touchpads
              3x 7 inch Screens
              1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Originally posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
                HAHAHAHAHA, right now I am humble, but I know once my install is done, my genetically inherited ego will kick in once done, lol.

Yea it does look different in the video, lmfao. I guess its like a drag queen, in certain light you swear their a girl until you get better lighting, then your like what the f*#k.

PS: I remember now, all I hated was how high the round part was. Other then that I luv the rest.

My install says it resents your drag queen analogy.
                CarPC:

Sound:

Comment

My install says it resents your drag queen analogy.
                  HAHAHAHAHHA, ok let me change it.... You see this ugly b!+ch sitting next to you in a bar, but after about 15 drinks, you swear she's hot like Britney Spears. You go home, then wake up the next morning and see that ugly b!+ch next to you.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                  4X MK808b
                  3x Perixx Touchpads
                  3x 7 inch Screens
                  1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Damn, that's harsh. What about a really hot chick that has buckteeth?
                    CarPC:

Sound:

Comment

Damn, that's harsh. What about a really hot chick that has buckteeth?
                      Yea I know, sometimes I'm either too nice, or too harsh. OK, a girl with buck teeth. Really though it may just be me that hates the round part..... Curious what other people think.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                      4X MK808b
                      3x Perixx Touchpads
                      3x 7 inch Screens
                      1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Working...
                      X