Garmin Mobile PC 2010 Quietly hits "The Shelves"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garmin Mobile PC 2010 Quietly hits "The Shelves"

Forum users over at Laptop GPS world report that Garmin has quietly released their 2010 map data set on all currently shipping product. Can anyone confirm this? Talk about this more in our dedicated Garmin Mobile PC Forum. UPDATE 10/7 - We ordered a copy from Garmin directly and sure enough, stamped on the CD is a date of 2010.

We ordered a copy from Garmin directly and sure enough, stamped on the CD is a date of 2010.

Comment

who's gonna review that for ya. Wonder if they added an OSK.
      mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
      Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
      Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
        who's gonna review that for ya. Wonder if they added an OSK.
        Right now it is at Westminster speed and sound. We haven't had time to test it yet.

Comment

I heard it was maps only. I have a free download since I have the GPS version but since I use iGo I haven't done it yet.

Edit: I tried the download and it doesn't look like it updates the GMPC. I'll report back after I try an alternate route to install the update.
          Click for my projects
          2006 F150 with removable Nexus 7

2006 Mustang with indash CarPC (Retired)

Comment

Maps 2010 are out long time(For europe). And I think this is only map update...

Comment

lol its funny how we live in "the greatest country" yet we are very much behind most of the world in technology... nearly in every aspect of tech, we are behind asia, europe and australia....
              ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
              2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5
              >"Say what you mean and mean what you say"<

Comment

Originally posted by sergatiuk View Post
                lol its funny how we live in "the greatest country" yet we are very much behind most of the world in technology... nearly in every aspect of tech, we are behind asia, europe and australia....
                it is such a damn shame

i need to move to those mentioned places..to feed my insatiable appetite for new tech
                trinybwoy

2006 Mazda6 Carpc

2008 Acura TSX Nexus 7

Comment

Originally posted by trinybwoy View Post
                  it is such a damn shame

i need to move to those mentioned places..to feed my insatiable appetite for new tech
                  But all pc components and other electronic things are in U.S. more cheaper than in europe
                  But now we are little offtopic

Comment

Working...
                  X