Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Sync New Features with Twitter, Pandora - CES 2010

Embed this video

The Ford Sync now offers new applications such as Twitter, Pandora, and Stitcher. The Blackberry Pandora application is connected to Sync via blue tooth and you can control the application using buttons on the center console, steering wheel and via voice control. The sync will read through the time line and tweets.

The iPhone will not work with the Sync, but will work with the MyFord Touch. There will be a list of partners and eventually an SDK release tot he public for developers so that others can control the applications via vehicle controls. A developer can send a string to see on the display, set voice commands, manage button pressing to match the context of the specific application. The Ford Sync and MyFord Touch are fairly similar with slight upgrades due to enhanced features. BY 2013/14 80% of Fords will have the MyFord Touch.
    Suggestions or Comments on the forums? Post here.

mp3Car store order questions or products that you would like to sell on the store? Email store @ mp3car.com

Feel free to pm me if you:
    • Have a general comment on mp3Car's products or services
    • Have a product you would like to have tested by the mp3Car community
    • Have a file you would like mp3Car to host
    • Have a cool idea that would improve the forums

Originally posted by Heather View Post

Embed this video

The Ford Sync now offers new applications such as Twitter, Pandora, and Stitcher. The Blackberry Pandora application is connected to Sync via blue tooth and you can control the application using buttons on the center console, steering wheel and via voice control. The sync will read through the time line and tweets.

The iPhone will not work with the Sync, but will work with the MyFord Touch. There will be a list of partners and eventually an SDK release tot he public for developers so that others can control the applications via vehicle controls. A developer can send a string to see on the display, set voice commands, manage button pressing to match the context of the specific application. The Ford Sync and MyFord Touch are fairly similar with slight upgrades due to enhanced features. BY 2013/14 80% of Fords will have the MyFord Touch.

The most important thing this video covers is some of the features that will be exposed to developers as part of my ford sync. Thanks again Joe for the interview!

Comment

Cool. I don't have Pandora in my setup, I wish I had.
      Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
      Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

Comment

Working...
      X