Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIMO 720-S USB touch monitor VS Liliput UM-70C USB touch Monitor

hey Guys,

Definitely a mistake on our part. The Liliput UM 70 is not a touch screen monitor. They have an 8 inch touch screen, but at the moment not a 7 inch model. Sorry for the confusion.

I bought the Lilliput and it's nice. But It should be touchscreen and mine is not? Also I cannot find any information about a 7" USB Lilliput touchscreen.

Comment

i am also curious about the um-70c touch capabilites-- all of the info i can find does not mention anything about being a touch screen anywhere, and the price is almost a $100 cheaper... maybe another video?

as per the video, and the pricing mentioned, the 8" usb lilli is a $10 more, is that what was meant?

another issue-- the only way i could find the um-70 in the mp3car store was witha google search-- for anyone else interested:
      http://store.mp3car.com/ProductDetai...ctCode=MON-106
      My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
      "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
      carpc undecided

Comment

I can't find anywhere (so far) that shows a touch version of the UM - 70 Except the mp3car store.
        I have afound a few places that say lilliput didn't make a touch version though...

Comment

I got an e-mail from MP3Car today the UM-70 is not touchscreen.

Comment

hey Guys,

Definitely a mistake on our part. The Liliput UM 70 is not a touch screen monitor. They have an 8 inch touch screen, but at the moment not a 7 inch model. Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

Kind of a funny story...

We're not sure if Lilliput thought this monitor was a touch screen initially or not, but they didn't comment on our multiple blog posts, product description page, and emails drawing Lilliput's attention to this publicity, labeling it as a touch screen monitor. I guess we should have known that a touch screen 1/2 the price of the Mimo USB solution was too good to be true. It would have been so nice though!! It think this gives us a reason to ask Lilliput for a $100 USB 7" touch monitor now ;-).

Ultimately labeling this monitor a touch screen was a mistake on our part and the responsibility for the mistake lies here. The UM-70C is most definitely non-touch. If you purchased one of these from us, we'll be happy to exchange or refund and pay return shipping costs. Just contact us at the store.
              Have a product you would like to sell on the mp3Car Store? PM me for more information.

Have a car computer question? Ask me by emailing the store.

Comment

Originally posted by optikalefx View Post
                hey Guys,

no problem-- maybe a review of the mimo 7" and the lilli 8" then?

or, how easy does it look to mod the 7" lilli to add a touchscreen layer?

from the pics it looks like the 8" also has separate power/usb connections could you verify this?
                My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
                "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
                carpc undecided

Comment

it has a separate port for power in, it does not come with a power brick though. The USB cable has 2 heads for more power as well.

only 1 USB port.

Comment

Is it still true that the lilliput is only a monitor without a touch screen? If so you really need to update your product page still.

Revolutionary design. Touch Screen. Extremely simple installation.
                    Touch Panel:4-wire resistive
                    openMobile - Download
                    Like what you see? Donations are always welcome

Comment

Working...
                    X