mp3Car now Smart Phone Friendly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mp3Car now Smart Phone Friendly

At long last mp3Car.com is now iPhone and smart phone ready.

What does this mean?
    Our homepage will flow to fit smaller screens for better viewing. Also, all of our videos* are viewable on the iPhone. Your mobile device may also support the videos as well, they are mp4 640x360 at about 1mbps bit rate. with 44khz AAC.

The forum itself has not changed, but we have future plans in place to make an optimized mobile interface for your mobile posting pleasures.

*Older vimeo videos are not viewable without flash...Yet.

Well I have always enjoyed the site from my HTC Touch Pro. Opera shows it exactly like on a desktop. So I am guessing this is more directed towards iPhone users? Its funny how a phone like the iPhone still can not view websites like normal. Also the forums automatically detect mobile browsers and makes it look simpler. So I am guessing the new optimizations will make it look like the desktop version?
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Well, its iphone ready. Android users still can't create new threads.
      "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
      RevFE
      My Shop

Comment

Well the front end of the site was using < tables > So on the iPhone it was all messed up. Because tables don't scale well.

So now its all floating divs, something i've been wanting to do for a while.

The new forum optimizations will be like a web app almost. Touchified buttons, simple design. View, Post, Reply kind of thing. Made for 3.5 to 4 inch screens.

Comment

So what about us android users now.

EDIT: Oooooh, this has zero to do with the forums. I see.
          Tidder

Try RevFE
          The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

yea, forums is a bigger task, i just needed to get our front end up to 2010.

what rendering engine do most android users have? webkit?

Comment

don't notice a difference on my n900. But good on ya for not using tables. div's probably make the html cleaner as well eh? :P

flash isn't a problem for me either. does the iphone/droid not have flash?
              Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
              Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
              Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

Comment

Originally posted by tripzero View Post
                flash isn't a problem for me either. does the iphone/droid not have flash?
                nope, 'cause apple don't want to pay adobe, when they feel that quick time does so well...
                My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
                "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
                carpc undecided

Comment

The dropdown menus at the top are now covering the private messages in firefox 2 :-/

Gary (-;
                  OBDGPSLogger, for logging OBDII and/or GPS data
                  OBDSim, an OBDII/ELM327 software simulator
                  mp3car forums: obdgpslogger, obdsim

Comment

Originally posted by chunkyks View Post
                    The dropdown menus at the top are now covering the private messages in firefox 2 :-/

Gary (-;
                    It also looks pretty bad using netscape browser 8.1 and internet explorer 6. j/k... Chunky kibbles, you do know that firefox is on 3.x now right? At any rate, Chromium is the new koolaid in the browser world and it looks fine there .

Comment

zzz

Some of us have jobs where, for one reason or another, we're stuck with it.

Gary (-;
                      OBDGPSLogger, for logging OBDII and/or GPS data
                      OBDSim, an OBDII/ELM327 software simulator
                      mp3car forums: obdgpslogger, obdsim

Comment

Originally posted by chunkyks View Post
                        zzz

Some of us have jobs where, for one reason or another, we're stuck with it.

Gary (-;
                        Perhaps you should be doing your job instead of browsing the Internet on company time? :P
                        "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
                        RevFE
                        My Shop

Comment

what I want to know is what company doesnt update their software? I think were on FF 3.5.3. IE is 8. We are even getting ready to jump to Win 7. I am just waiting for things to settle a bit.

So is that why iPhone doesnt have flash? I guess they think the iPhone alone will make everyone choose Quicktime? Thats to funny. When ever a watch a movie and it gives me the option of quick time or flash, I use flash because quicktime always runs like $h!+. Half of the time anything that has to do with quicktime is broken.

I say if it aint broken, dont fix it. Its only iPhone people having issues, lol.
                          Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                          4X MK808b
                          3x Perixx Touchpads
                          3x 7 inch Screens
                          1X 7 inch motorized Screen
                          1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Originally posted by ZX1Cruizer View Post
                            what I want to know is what company doesnt update their software?
                            Originally posted by ZX1Cruizer View Post
                            I say if it aint broken, dont fix it.

But, you answered your own question.. This is how most companies operate

OP, I think making mp3car mobile friendly is an awesome idea

Comment

Originally posted by utd09bry View Post
                              But, you answered your own question.. This is how most companies operate
                              ie6 and ff2 are major security holes and are not supported software by upstream providers. IMHO, that makes them broken.

I do concur though, some companies have really bad policies when it comes to software updates which makes them vulnerable. It makes me scared just to imagine your bank or something important like that running crap like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X