Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone 4 Madness

Embed this video

While people may not be knocking over old women as they do on black friday, hours before the "official" iPhone 4 launch, the line in one local apple store grows every minute. Hundreds more are expected and people seem thrilled about this this new iPhone.

The new iPhone 4 features a new design, front facing camera with video chat, faster hardware and slew of new features.

Check out what the iPhone can already do in cars And you can bet we will be able to do much more with this new phone.

I love how 75% of mp3cars news is apple related
    openMobile - An open source C# Front End (why choose openMobile?)
    - Always Recruiting Developers -
    Like what you see? Donations are always welcome

Comment

I fail to see how waiting in line for an iPhone has anything to do with CarPCs.

Comment

Mine was shipped today (initially it was supposed to be shipped by July 2nd). It's supposed to arrive June 30th.

I agree I don't care for people waiting in line: why didn't they pre order?

This bit is more interesting for me. It seems like you can bridge the antenna with your hands and lose 3G signal (dropped calls, internet).

Here is the Gizmodo discussion, and the MacForuns one (it's funny to see Apple apologists trying to explain away this one...which maybe a software glitch, maybe not, we don't know, but we can rubbish the facts as they are today). Here's an interesting video.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ixIHyEPO5g[/media]

And this one:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6oflC4qo8M[/media]

The story has been picked up by CNN and BBC. Oh, Apple. I may have to sell mine on ebay...will see what happens. Class action lawsuit?
        Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
        Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

Comment

It's cool that they have surpassed DOS in iOS's ability to run apps in the background. Progress is good. Too bad they haven't surpassed DOS in being able to run any app that I want.
          Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
          Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
          Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

Comment

Originally posted by justchat_1 View Post
            I love how 75% of mp3cars news is apple related
            I know...

well, Goce just ditched it for the Evo...we almost videotaped the unboxing...but Goce opened it upside down and it just all fell out. Our office is almost 50/50 evo to iphone.
            Suggestions or Comments on the forums? Post here.

mp3Car store order questions or products that you would like to sell on the store? Email store @ mp3car.com

Feel free to pm me if you:
            • Have a general comment on mp3Car's products or services
            • Have a product you would like to have tested by the mp3Car community
            • Have a file you would like mp3Car to host
            • Have a cool idea that would improve the forums

Comment

it was mostly due to iPad news, but as Heather said we are going to be showing off what the Evo can do as well.

Comment

Every apple lover knows not to buy first gen apple products.

I like the older design better anyway.
                Build Things, it keeps your brain busy.

AutoPC v1 (Retired) - AutoPC v2 (in progress) - www.shocknet.us

Comment

Originally posted by blk02si View Post
                  Every apple lover knows not to buy first gen apple products.

I like the older design better anyway.
                  iPhone 4....4th generation?
                  openMobile - An open source C# Front End (why choose openMobile?)
                  - Always Recruiting Developers -
                  Like what you see? Donations are always welcome

Comment

It's the first gen of the new platform and design.

Comment

Apparently it is a design flaw with the outer edge of the phone being metal antennae. Holding it certain ways "shorts" the 3g, wifi, bluetooth antennas together and renders them useless. The fix is to insulate the phone with a rubber cover, or hold it in a manner that does not touch multiple antennae at once.

I just can't believe this was not discovered in R & D. Maybe they were too busy with the iPad to notice

Comment

I think they did, but it was too late. I say that because when I bought the iPhone 4 online, they pushed me this rubber ring to go with the phone. It's called "bumber". Horrible. Why would I want that? I just use a screen protector on my phone, I think the thickness (or lack of it) is what all these devices are about.

That has never happened before, not dock, av cable or anything, certainly not a case or skin. And apparently this rubber band does help a little, but some people challenge even that.
                        Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
                        Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

Comment

Its funny because people called the antenna design "genius" which, in a way it is, unless you are holding it in your hand of course. I want a new phone too, but these reasons are why I choose to wait. That and I hate lines lol.

The antennae are highly distinguishable from each other on the handset, perhaps fueling the problem, since it's obvious where to put your hand to "break" your radio lol.
                          Attached Files

Comment

T9193/T8585 >>> iAnything
                            Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                            1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                            30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                            15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                            Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Waiting for next version :-P
                              seriuosly want to upgrade from my 3G :-(

Comment

Working...
                              X