Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visteon iPad

Embed this video

The Visteon iPad dock provides a nice charging cradle for the Apple "I look cool" device. However, what's really cool about this product is it's communicating with the vehicle's computer via a completely wireless network. Control of the HVAC, radio, phone, navigation system, is possible from any seat in (or out of?) the vehicle.
    Have a product you would like to sell on the mp3Car Store? PM me for more information.

Have a car computer question? Ask me by emailing the store.

I have but one question...how do I get the interface module and how much?!!! LOL

Comment

I know right!? Its only for demo though. What a waste.

Comment

I guess that is really 2 questions... It's a step in the right direction though

Comment

Yep, I saw this one coming way back... Go Visteon!!! Add remote connect via internet, and some beefed up security, and voila awesome car alarm/remote start... never worry about forgetting to put the heater on when you get out again!!!!

It's odd how excited I can get about being lazy. ok, back to T.com
          It's been a while...

Comment

Yes, I saw that before. More than the device itself, is what it represents for the future. Huyndai already sells his top of the linear with an iPad in the glovebox. I think they are one of the ones that may open their car systems enough to use this.

The iPad was launched last April, and I think the prospects for it's use in the car/plane/boat are great. Slowly more and more apps and devices will make it work better In the car environment, I'm sure.
            Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
            Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

Comment

That is damn near what so many of us are trying to achieve and they are just gonna make it plug n play for new cars? Not fair.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryven View Post
                That is damn near what so many of us are trying to achieve and they are just gonna make it plug n play for new cars? Not fair.

i guess it depends on what you are tying to achieve with a carpc/ipad install, but i have found that even with a ipad, a custom install is way less feature limited then any factory install..
                My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
                "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
                carpc undecided

Comment

Originally posted by soundman98 View Post
                  i guess it depends on what you are tying to achieve with a carpc/ipad install, but i have found that even with a ipad, a custom install is way less feature limited then any factory install..
                  In what ways?
                  Originally posted by ghettocruzer
                  I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
                  Want to:
                  -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
                  -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

my audio setup for one..

the look of the setup can also be different. because i have a carpc, i want a image of my car as the background. from the video, little things like this don't appear to be a option.. and honestly, the full integration doesn't appeal to me.. what happens when you forget the ipad at home, or in the unlikely event that apple changes the OS, or connections to the extent that they no longer work with the car?

when my carpc doesn't work, i have a 3.5mm jack to play something in the time it takes to repair the pc..

at this level of integration, i start to question why you even want a ipad in there in the first place.. your stuck with the factory interface, same as a OEM deck, and you only get a little extra media storage..

next project? subaru brz
                    carpc undecided

Comment

Maybe I misunderstood you. I thought you were saying an iPad install is less feature limited than a factory OEM install.
                      Originally posted by ghettocruzer
                      I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
                      Want to:
                      -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
                      -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

me 'n my funky wording.. i understood it fine

next project? subaru brz
                        carpc undecided

Comment

Working...
                        X