No announcement yet.

Parrot's New Android Head Unit - CES 2011

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parrot's New Android Head Unit - CES 2011

Embed this video

Parrot electronics showcases their new Asteroid single din head unit running the Android operating system using an ARM 9 processor at roughly 500 MHz. Music, Bluetooth, Navigation, USB connectivity, an integrated amplifier all fit in a form factor less than 5" deep. Best of all, the unit will be open for community application development.
    Have a product you would like to sell on the mp3Car Store? PM me for more information.

Have a car computer question? Ask me by emailing the store.

what booth had the plane/helicopter flying behind rob at the end of the video?
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Ha Ha! You noticed that too...

its the parrot booth. They made the ArDrone

Fail. It only has 4 channel output! The rears can be converted but at the price tag this will command, an extra set of outputs would have been easy and needed!
          Strong car audio passion + PC skilz = CARPC. Now disabled, much time on my hands, lets merge my hobbies into a CARPC! Bear with me!
          [||||------] 40%
          Parts Aquisition:
          [||||------] 40%
          [----------] 0%
          Car Audio:
          [|||||||||-] 90%

Wrong, for the average user they would not need 6 channel outputs, only a few people do. I am looking forward to the release of this unit and would use it with a 5 channel amp that has only 4 channel inputs... Not sure what you were expecting and if this proves popular more advanced units will come out.