Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would the mp3Car community like to see at CES 2012?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What would the mp3Car community like to see at CES 2012?


    One of the largest "tech" events of the year is nearly here! The mp3Car team is rolling out to the 2012 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) next week in Vegas

    That said, what do YOU all want to see from CES? What rumored devices would you like discussed and/or demoed? Use this thread to discuss what you would personally want to see at the event and perhaps what you'd like to have mp3Car spotlight from the show.

    I'm a smartphone/tablet junkie, as well as a gamer, so I'll definitely devote some video time to the latest Android/Windows Phone 7 gear and be ears up at any Microsoft product announcements.

    So if you're not planning to attend CES 2012, help me overfill my agenda. What news and info would you like?
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

  • #2
    Myself and a few other members of the mp3Car community will be at the event all week, checking out all the event has to offer. Most of my time is scheduled at various seminars related to software development and integration, but I'll make sure to spend a lot of time on the show floor checking out all the latest gadgets and gizmos 2012 will provide.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

    Comment


    • #3
      Personally I want to see the RasberryPI, On their blog they said they will be at the Broadcom booth most of the time so I definitely want to stop by there myself. I am sure other people here might be interested in hearing from them also They are in South hall bottom floor all the way in the back MP25666

      Edit:location
      Last edited by meryan00; 01-05-2012, 11:11 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        It's not part of the show but I would love to show you guys this project in person I'm working on and the future of smart phone app integration in the automotive environment.


        http://www.mp3car.com/maccar/150123-...ml#post1465990


        Nate

        Comment


        • #5
          Rockford/Fosgate 360.3 - Integration, DSP can be read and adjusted via carputer or smartphone - releasing Q1 2012 or junked? Has been delayed several times.

          Anything Iphone integration related with CARPC

          new/smaller/better - Microphones - improved voice recognition and noise cancelling.

          in car cameras (not back up but camera for recording while driving) smaller? better rez? non-usb or dedicated?
          Multi touch monitors?
          Last edited by -zip-; 01-05-2012, 12:21 PM.
          2008 350z GT Installed since April 22nd 2011 - Worklog
          2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
          Sound Stage
          Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by -zip- View Post
            Rockford/Fosgate 360.3 - Integration, DSP can be read and adjusted via carputer or smartphone - releasing Q1 2012 or junked? Has been delayed several times.

            Anything Iphone integration related with CARPC

            new/smaller/better - Microphones - improved voice recognition and noise cancelling.

            in car cameras (not back up but camera for recording while driving) smaller? better rez? non-usb or dedicated?
            Multi touch monitors?
            I will actually be reviewing a new noise-cancelling microphone created specifically for car PC use very soon. I'll also be reviewing the new lilliput multi-touch monitors soon after CES. Stay tuned on those
            mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
            Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
            Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

            Comment


            • #7
              Well I'm not going but I sure would love to. So the answer to what should be covered is simple. Document EVERYTHING!
              Originally posted by Lincolnman
              Your English is fine, don't apologize. You're doing better than most Americans.

              Comment


              • #8
                Everything!!!
                My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
                "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"


                next project? subaru brz
                carpc undecided

                Comment


                • #9
                  Honestly that looks awesome, while I don't speak for mp3car or anything this is something that I think Rob and Sean should do a video with also!

                  Originally posted by VegasNate View Post
                  It's not part of the show but I would love to show you guys this project in person I'm working on and the future of smart phone app integration in the automotive environment.


                  http://www.mp3car.com/maccar/150123-...ml#post1465990


                  Nate

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    i'll be there!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by kolton5543 View Post
                      Well I'm not going but I sure would love to. So the answer to what should be covered is simple. Document EVERYTHING!


                      Originally posted by soundman98 View Post
                      Everything!!!
                      I'll do my best!

                      Originally posted by VegasNate View Post
                      It's not part of the show but I would love to show you guys this project in person I'm working on and the future of smart phone app integration in the automotive environment.


                      http://www.mp3car.com/maccar/150123-...ml#post1465990


                      Nate
                      I'd definitely wanna check it out. I'll be in town from tuesday to friday night. PM me for contact info.

                      Originally posted by zr2ee View Post
                      i'll be there!
                      Cool. The more from the board the merrier as i see it. If you wanna meet up at the show or after PM me for contact info.
                      mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                      Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                      Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by meryan00 View Post
                        Honestly that looks awesome, while I don't speak for mp3car or anything this is something that I think Rob and Sean should do a video with also!
                        It would be nice to see what's 'under the hood' in that project. Hopefully we can meet up with Nate.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I am getting in this afternoon to vegas. If anyone else if there and wants to meet up for some food let me know!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by meryan00 View Post
                            I am getting in this afternoon to vegas. If anyone else if there and wants to meet up for some food let me know!
                            Wont be in until tomorrow night now, but its probably a good thing because its snowing here today ugh.
                            mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                            Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                            Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I'd like to see some forme of wireless (BT) remote for Android, to add hardware buttons and other controls. I'd like to see an ultrabook (no heavier than 2 pounds) with a multitouch screen for my personal use - I had a plan to use the Transformer Prime for that, but there's a lot of design issues with it (No GPS, weak wifi, weaker wifi+BT (due to the aluminum back), SD card that sticks too much out in the back (easy to lose).
                              Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
                              Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

                              07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X