Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Computer Install: First Boot

Embed this video

Sean boots up his car computer for the first time. Be sure to make sure all positive wiring is connected to the appropriate accessory or capped with electrical tape before you reconnect the positive power cable to your battery. With any luck, your computer should boot properly the first time. Sean's enthusiasm on the video is testament to the difficulty associated with any car computer installation and his relief is apparent when everything works properly.
    Have a product you would like to sell on the mp3Car Store? PM me for more information.

Have a car computer question? Ask me by emailing the store.

Awesome, seems like you've been working on this build forever though lol!

Comment

Congratulations!!! Seems really responsive, Zotac MB's are a good choice... Your screen bezel looks great!
      MY INSTAllS:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...e-install.html

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...tallation.html

Comment

While i am not doubting the installation.. But after having triple checked things.. Well there should never be room for error except failed/faulty parts.

Would you really want to have a system builder who is happy to see the monitor power on when they first hit the power switch?
        I understand this maybe a project vehicle as such.. But the overall install is still a very basic one at that it seems..

Bring back the days of people extending their own VGA cables and modifying ports just to supply power..

Congrats on the install, But show confidence vs surprise of success
        2004 Holden WL Caprice Auto GENIII
        Base System = Raspberry Pi
        Everything else is pending for now as switched from a Mini-ITX setup

Comment

i'm happy when my system turns on every day!! what does that mean?!?
          My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
          "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
          carpc undecided

Comment

haha I know what you mean, we were going to do another take of me not being so surprised. Then we thought, after putting together so many moving parts, to see it working was worth the reaction. Plus it kind of shows the excitement and the emotion that can be involved.

Comment

Can you post PC specs at least which mobo and which ssd

Comment

There are other video's in the news section that list all that.

Comment

Regarding the 12V Constant wire from the OE radio harness. Is there a reason you didn't use that for the constant on the PC since it was already there, rather than running a new wire all the way to the battery?

Comment

because that wire is rarely sufficient for powering most carpc setups. most carpc psu's have a 12-15A power supply, where most car radio's are on a 10A circuit with other devices-- my oem radio shares a 10A fuse with a clock, dome light, and accessory light-- so it really only has about 5-7A available all the time.
                    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
                    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
                    carpc undecided

Comment

I see. Thanks for answering. I actually just got my carPC in today, and since I was going to totally replace my radio with it, I was going to use the existing wiring.

Comment

Originally posted by soundman98 View Post
                        i'm happy when my system turns on every day!! what does that mean?!?
                        I was the exact same way when I had mine installed. I was happy that is started up every time.

I'll never forget the fact that is BSOD'ed the first drive too.

Comment

Nice job! I am hoping I get the same results when I do mine!! And for the record, nothing wrong with showing some excitement!!

Comment

Working...
                          X