Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: VOLUME_HIBERNATE_cant control the volume at all (audigy)

  1. #1
    FLAC strohj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Pearland
    Posts
    1,345
    when coming out of hibernate.. a lot of the times I cant control the colume on my Audigy at all... I have to shut down Frodoplayer.. and open it back up again to get the volume controls to work...

    Its everytime I was playing a video when I went into hibernate.. havent investigated if it does the same when I play Mp3's...
    Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

  2. #2
    Maximum Bitrate d_sellers1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    856
    Quote Originally Posted by strohj
    when coming out of hibernate.. a lot of the times I cant control the colume on my Audigy at all... I have to shut down Frodoplayer.. and open it back up again to get the volume controls to work...

    Its everytime I was playing a video when I went into hibernate.. havent investigated if it does the same when I play Mp3's...
    I don't think this is a problem with FP. Before you joined the forum, there were some users who had problems with Audigy soundcards. Do a search for 'audigy hibernate' and/or 'audigy standby'. Here's one thread.

    Test going into hibernate/standy while NOT using FP (ie., play something in Windows Media Player and then hibernate and start back up) to test if it is a problem with FP.

    Derek
    Progress [||-------]
    View my Worklog to see some of my progress.
    Downgraded Progress - Starting with another car... 09/13/06

  3. #3
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by d_sellers1
    I don't think this is a problem with FP. Before you joined the forum, there were some users who had problems with Audigy soundcards. Do a search for 'audigy hibernate' and/or 'audigy standby'. Here's one thread.

    Test going into hibernate/standy while NOT using FP (ie., play something in Windows Media Player and then hibernate and start back up) to test if it is a problem with FP.

    Derek
    I hear that SP2 fixes most hybernate/standby issues, esp with GPS receivers. Maybe it'll work the same magic on the Audigy?

  4. #4
    Maximum Bitrate d_sellers1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    856
    Quote Originally Posted by 0l33l
    I hear that SP2 fixes most hybernate/standby issues, esp with GPS receivers. Maybe it'll work the same magic on the Audigy?
    At the moment I am dealing with an issue with SP2. I have a cheap USB harddrive case that does not appear in My Computer after boot-up but it is shown in Control Panel > System > Hardware. At the moment I have to unplug it and plug it back in and then it works fine. Earthmate USB GPS and SB Extigy work just fine though.

    Quote Originally Posted by wysocki
    ...since upgrading to take3, "show menu at start" doesn't stick... it goes away after a few seconds. Seems to me there was a setting for that but I can't find it anymore...
    Also think there was an option for that. I can't seem to find it. Sorry.

    Derek
    Progress [||-------]
    View my Worklog to see some of my progress.
    Downgraded Progress - Starting with another car... 09/13/06

  5. #5
    FLAC strohj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Pearland
    Posts
    1,345
    Quote Originally Posted by 0l33l
    I hear that SP2 fixes most hybernate/standby issues, esp with GPS receivers. Maybe it'll work the same magic on the Audigy?

    I have SP2 already.... as well as the latest drivers from Creative.. well last i checked was 2 weeks ago...

    either way it should be recent...
    Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

  6. #6
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by d_sellers1
    At the moment I am dealing with an issue with SP2. I have a cheap USB harddrive case that does not appear in My Computer after boot-up but it is shown in Control Panel > System > Hardware.
    You get what you pay for

  7. #7
    Maximum Bitrate hd54321's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    839
    Quote Originally Posted by d_sellers1
    At the moment I am dealing with an issue with SP2. I have a cheap USB harddrive case that does not appear in My Computer after boot-up but it is shown in Control Panel > System > Hardware. At the moment I have to unplug it and plug it back in and then it works fine. Earthmate USB GPS and SB Extigy work just fine though.
    Sorry guys - quick threadjack here

    Dude! I have the same problem on another computer of mine. Instead it's with a Buffalo USB WiFi adapter. I upgraded to SP2, updated all the drivers, installed a seperate USB 2.0 PCI card - nothing works EXCEPT for unplugging and replugging the usb cable. I've also tried different usb cables, but can't find a solution to the problem.

    I think it's a power issue. The cable doesn't provide power to the unit unless you unplug and replug it. It's weird - PM me if you find a solution.

    Threadjack over

    -HD

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •