Well turning off visualizations did the trick for me:
I guess some part of the visualization is running in the background even when not displayed? It plays perfectly every time on every song now.
I don't really care about the visualizations as I'm too busy driving, but it would be nice to be able to switch to the visualization when I'm not busy driving or when I want to show it off.
Is it possible to alter this behavior, or is it part of how wmp works? Is it the same reason you can't choose visualization in FP?
I changed my os from 2000pro to XP because my 600mhz Epia mb would not shut down correctly under 2000.
After getting everything going I started Frodo and it ran super slow and choppy, my CPU was average was 70-80% and jumped up to 100% for long periods of time when I changed songs and this was with Frodo in mini mode. I tried WMP10 without Frodo and had the same problem.
Since there is no uninstall for WMP I used restore to go back before I installed WMP10. This brought back WMP9 and fixed the problem. Now my CPU is about 12% and my boot time had dropped by 15 seconds.
I hope this helps.
Maybe this might help figure out the problem..
I reinstalled WinXP and installed FP with WMP8. I had no hesitation or skipping like I did before with WMP 10. I updated to WMP 10 because of the whole fullscreen problem and now I have the hesitation again. I'm going to install WMP 9 and see how that goes. Did anyone ever get to the bottom of this???
Yesterday I rolled back to WMP 8 and than tried Frodo. I now had the hesitation issue which I didn't have before installing WMP 10. I than installed WMP 9 but still have the same issue. Any suggestions? Please help before I put my fist through my screen... :) Thanks.
I have the same problem here - anyone ever find an answer to this problem? I run WMP9 right now (scaled back from 10 after I got the delays) but now I still have the delays.
I even tried running mp3's directly through Windows Media Playes (not with Frodo) and am still getting the stuttering. Dammit - I am going to start running an app that uses Winamp (or get back to building my own)
Having a simler problem.
Frodo will load up and play ok but will just lock up/freez at random.
Sometimes after 2 seconds, sometimes 2 hours.
When it does lock the whole laptop locks. I have to stop my truck, get out, pull the battery out then turn the power off and reboot.
It is driving me nuts.
Normaly does it 3-5 times a day. somedays it does it 10 times in a row and i just give up and leav it till the next day.
When it is running ok i get a cpu use of <20% even with my nav software working in the background.
I tried to look in the error log but it is over 1 gig (yes 1 gig!) in size so note or wordpad wont open it.
If i just delete the error log icon in the frodo folder will i need to create a new one or will frodo do it when it posts the next error?
I am pretty sure this is a frodo problem as i can play the same media on WMP all day long and not freeze once.. I only get it when running frodo.
PB laptop, 2ghz, 512mb, win xp pro.
(not sure what version of wmp but it was the one that came on the xp pro cd)
Frodo ver 9, take 3.
Thanks for any advice, this system of mine sucks at the moment!
this tread is 3 pages long and no answer? I am having the exact same problems. I have tried wmp 9 and 10 with the same problem.
is there a resolution for this issue....I am using wmp 9, on a 800mhz pc with 512 ram......no other programs running and frodo is between 70-90% cpu.....
it seems fine when i first start FP, but then after I change songs the first time it stays at high cpu usage....before the song change it's only like 10-15%
The way around the problem is to close FrodoPlayer, open WMP and disable visualizations, then run FP again. I think it might be a windows update that changes the way windows draws the visualizations or something. If anyone has a clean install without updates, try installing just WMP10 and see if it works ok. If it does, install updates one at a time until it stops working and please let us know if one of them causes the problem. I'd do it myself, but I just don't have the time.
Incase anyone is still having this problem, WMP11 fixed the issue (at least for me) so you might want to check it out. I have visualizations back and everything is running nice and smooth like with WMP9.