Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 82

Thread: [Release] FrodoComm, and FrodoComm Services Host

  1. #31
    I'm sorry, and you are....? frodobaggins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Ruston, LA
    Posts
    8,846
    Quote Originally Posted by ImInSanDiego
    I'm sure that both apps were installed previously, especially since I loaded the FrodoComm User Control into my AXcontainer, but I uninstalled both apps, rebooted, reinstalled them, and then rebooted. I still get the same errors. I've verified that many of your controls are registered, but I see nothing about FCClass.dll. This doesn't appear to be an ActiveX type control since I manually registered it and it still doesn't show up. How is this file accessed? Any other suggestions?
    Try this, maybe my installer did not register FrodoComm itself correctly.

    Browse to ...\FrodoSuite\Frodocomm

    find FrodoComm.exe

    register it by running "frodocomm.exe /REGSERVER"

    Then try it again.
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

  2. #32
    Low Bitrate ImInSanDiego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Isn't it obvious
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by frodobaggins
    Try this, maybe my installer did not register FrodoComm itself correctly.

    Browse to ...\FrodoSuite\Frodocomm

    find FrodoComm.exe

    register it by running "frodocomm.exe /REGSERVER"

    Then try it again.
    Success!

    Now for a new question. I have successfully posted and broadcasted messages as seen in your ServicesTest app, but I am wondering how the CommList IDs get cleared. If you look at the array in my app you can see my app name repeated from when I stopped execution before endprocessing was called. You can also see a couple of services that remain from when I manually killed the servicehost.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  3. #33
    I'm sorry, and you are....? frodobaggins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Ruston, LA
    Posts
    8,846
    You recieve notice through the memberstatuschange event of additions and subtractions.
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

  4. #34
    Low Bitrate ImInSanDiego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Isn't it obvious
    Posts
    93
    I must not have something right because I don't have memberstatuschange to choose from. I also don't have Notifybroadcast and NotifySpecific that are called in your test app.

    Also, each xxxThread method says "dontcallme"
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  5. #35
    I'm sorry, and you are....? frodobaggins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Ruston, LA
    Posts
    8,846
    Quote Originally Posted by ImInSanDiego
    I must not have something right because I don't have memberstatuschange to choose from. I also don't have Notifybroadcast and NotifySpecific that are called in your test app.

    Also, each xxxThread method says "dontcallme"
    Those are events, not functions.
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

  6. #36
    I'm sorry, and you are....? frodobaggins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Ruston, LA
    Posts
    8,846
    I sent you a PM ImInSanDiego, read it !
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

  7. #37
    Low Bitrate Shotty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    58
    You bastard

    I've been thinking about and writing some basic specs of this exact idea for the last few months.

    And I can see EXACTLY where you are coming from it, so I expect it will be very popular indeed.

    Just be carefull, because I would hate for any programs out there to become somewhat dependant on this, and for the development to cease for some reason... (just being wary).

  8. #38
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotty
    Just be carefull, because I would hate for any programs out there to become somewhat dependant on this, and for the development to cease for some reason... (just being wary).
    My programs will basically depend on it.

    I've got faith in the monkey

  9. #39
    I'm sorry, and you are....? frodobaggins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Ruston, LA
    Posts
    8,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotty
    You bastard

    I've been thinking about and writing some basic specs of this exact idea for the last few months.

    And I can see EXACTLY where you are coming from it, so I expect it will be very popular indeed.

    Just be carefull, because I would hate for any programs out there to become somewhat dependant on this, and for the development to cease for some reason... (just being wary).
    Well it's out now, so really no chance of that happening.
    The service launcher is just a convenience, frodocomm is
    where the magic happens.
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

  10. #40
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Expect a service that does text-to-speech. More advanced than the one Frodo has made... it will encompass SAPI4 and SAPI5, allowing the user to choose either. Then they could configure the voice, etc. And it will also report back when the program has finished speaking

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •