Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 73

Thread: FD 0.84 update

  1. #61
    FreeDrive Creator CdRsKuLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,469
    Quote Originally Posted by xBrady
    Hey Cdr, after a few people complained that GPSSecure wasn't working with FreeDrive anymore I finally found the time to find out why. You switched the '!' to 'CUSTOM' in the messages FreeDrive sends No big deal but you also changed it so CUSTOMFDHEAD sends a direction ie. S/W instead of a degree. I prefer having the degree, was there a specific reason for switching it?
    Hi m8.. I changed this along time ago.. lol, as for the heading, this all depends what skin your using.. if you look in your skin it will have heading 0 or 1 if I remember rightly. If you wanr I can send just the deg's so it will help you.

    I am at the moment playing with a record and playback feature, so you can record your route and play it back within FD. I am saving a line to a txt file every second which is made up of the following

    time|sats|$GPRMC Line

    ie..

    10:54:23|5|$GPRMC,181573,A,4823.029183,N,07384.874 834,W,000.09,183.4, 131200,1.8,W,D*25

    this is saved in a file with its date as the title. I'm unsure if we could tie the two apps together to offer a greater feature for the user, let me know if you have any ideas

    cheers

    CdR

  2. #62
    Super Moderator xBrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,687
    Quote Originally Posted by CdRsKuLL
    Hi m8.. I changed this along time ago.. lol
    Ya, I know. I've been out of commision for a bit, hehe.
    Quote Originally Posted by CdRsKuLL
    , as for the heading, this all depends what skin your using.. if you look in your skin it will have heading 0 or 1 if I remember rightly. If you wanr I can send just the deg's so it will help you.
    Hmm, well I don't want to mess up anyone elses apps if they are looking for the direction. Maybe you could have two seperate commands, one for the heading in degrees and one for the direction. For example just add a command like CUSTOMFDHEADINGDEG, and keep the other one like it is as to not mess up any other apps. Then the app can request one or the other.

    Quote Originally Posted by CdRsKuLL
    I am at the moment playing with a record and playback feature, so you can record your route and play it back within FD. I am saving a line to a txt file every second which is made up of the following

    time|sats|$GPRMC Line

    ie..

    10:54:23|5|$GPRMC,181573,A,4823.029183,N,07384.874 834,W,000.09,183.4, 131200,1.8,W,D*25

    this is saved in a file with its date as the title. I'm unsure if we could tie the two apps together to offer a greater feature for the user, let me know if you have any ideas

    cheers

    CdR
    Hmmm, so you are saving every NMEA string every second?
    AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
    Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
    Installed.


    -GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
    -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

  3. #63
    FLAC NiN^_^NiN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Australia, Melbourne
    Posts
    1,230
    i hope your not writing to the text file every second?
    CarPC Status:
    GPS: 99%
    Hardware: 99%
    Software: 92%
    Case Install: 99.9%
    Dash Install: 100%
    Car Install: 72%

  4. #64
    FreeDrive Creator CdRsKuLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,469
    yep every second at the mo, its under 'testing'

    CdR

  5. #65
    Super Moderator xBrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,687
    Quote Originally Posted by CdRsKuLL
    yep every second at the mo, its under 'testing'

    CdR
    Hey, CdR, did you see my post up above
    AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
    Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
    Installed.


    -GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
    -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

  6. #66
    FLAC NiN^_^NiN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Australia, Melbourne
    Posts
    1,230
    i don't remember correctly if this is right but
    isn't it bad to write to a file every second?

    In theory this will log every day we drive so isn't it bad for the HDD?

    i don't know just wondering?
    CarPC Status:
    GPS: 99%
    Hardware: 99%
    Software: 92%
    Case Install: 99.9%
    Dash Install: 100%
    Car Install: 72%

  7. #67
    Super Moderator xBrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,687
    Quote Originally Posted by NiN^_^NiN
    i don't remember correctly if this is right but
    isn't it bad to write to a file every second?

    In theory this will log every day we drive so isn't it bad for the HDD?

    i don't know just wondering?
    Not necesserily. 1 second isn't as often as it seems, for a computer anyways. It also may be that he is opening the file for writing, writing to it every second (this would actually be done in memory, and then when done (stop the updates) , flushing it (or whatever it is called in VB) so that it will then be saved to the hard drive.
    AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
    Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
    Installed.


    -GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
    -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

  8. #68
    FLAC NiN^_^NiN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Australia, Melbourne
    Posts
    1,230
    but when you open the file and start writing i thought it went straight into the file and not memory? Im at work and my brain is fried plus i got 45mins to go home in heavy rain my brain isn't switched on it's a friday
    CarPC Status:
    GPS: 99%
    Hardware: 99%
    Software: 92%
    Case Install: 99.9%
    Dash Install: 100%
    Car Install: 72%

  9. #69
    FreeDrive Creator CdRsKuLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,469
    Quote Originally Posted by xBrady
    Hey, CdR, did you see my post up above
    yeah sure will add a extra CUSTOMFDHEADINGDEG for you. I'm halfway through doing a mediaplayer type update atm, so the codes in bits, soon as I get it back together (today/tomorrow) I will pm you a version so you can check it works.

    CdR

  10. #70
    Super Moderator xBrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,687
    Quote Originally Posted by NiN^_^NiN
    but when you open the file and start writing i thought it went straight into the file and not memory? Im at work and my brain is fried plus i got 45mins to go home in heavy rain my brain isn't switched on it's a friday
    It all depends on how you program it. If you open the file for writing then you are basically just making it so no other program or human can do anything to it until you close it. Then writing to it, it is just basically collecting the changes in memory until you flush it and close the file. Like I said, that is if you program it this way and the compiler you are using does it this way.
    AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
    Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
    Installed.


    -GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
    -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. XM update song
    By rjoek in forum Road Runner
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-06-2005, 01:01 AM
  2. FD 0.82 update
    By CdRsKuLL in forum FreeDrive
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 07-27-2005, 06:34 AM
  3. FD 0.81 update
    By CdRsKuLL in forum FreeDrive
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-16-2005, 12:47 AM
  4. Auto load FD when RR starts up
    By tolisn in forum Road Runner
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-08-2005, 04:30 PM
  5. Cooperation between RR and FD skin
    By tolisn in forum Road Runner
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-24-2005, 03:26 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •