I'll put a tracker on the Freedrive Forums to track everything etc.
The first problem we have to sort out is where will we all live. here on mp3car or over at FreeDrive, I for one don’t like having to go between both for freedrive it is pointless. So we either move back here or close this sub forum down and stay with the freedrive site.
It is a head fu** having to check both, it will just make the few that do all the work have to work harder.
I use RoadRunner with FreeDrive and like most of you a member of both, it is not the problem of switching between sites with auto login and favourites it is just one click. It is the problem of dual posts and split communication.
I vote for keep both.
There are some that don't like registering for too many forums, so they will only register here.
And if possible, espcially for the contributors, the main site needs to stay (as long as CDR is happy to keep it up)
I'm happy to move it if necessary anyway to keep it live.
I will still be about.. just made it open source to help it along a bit thats all... stop talking like I've died.. lol
Both forums I think are fine, but FD's forum will be the only one with the dev forum on it.. so all the codes and releated stuff should be posted there..
v-v-v-v_____________________ O no.. cdr's dead....
Just dont have as much time as I would like.. thats all
long live CDR.
if necessary use UHT.
Sorry CdR if it sound like RIP, that is not how I see it. I understand that you donít have the time and a while back you tried to make the code available to any that wanted to helpÖ but as you know you got no response. I understand your thinking in making the code public that others will help out with some development.Originally Posted by CdRsKuLL
Guys please donít misunderstand my comments here and on the FD site, I see this as a wakeup call to all of us that like and use FreeDrive.
All I want to do generate positive discussion on how we can each contribute to keeping FreeDrive development moving forward.
We all know that a large percentage of people will just take and never contribute; this is not new nor is it limited to FreeDrive.
RoadRunner for example has an extremely large following so even if you get 80% that donít actively contribute it still leaves a large number of individuals that do so thing keep moving.
With FreeDrive it you take out the 80% that will never contribute and then split the remaining 20% between this forum on mp3car and CdRís FreeDrive forum
You are left with about 300 active people of whom probably only 3 or 4 would even have the time to do regular development.
Lets not divide the small number of FD active users between 2 sites and hopefully someone will raise their hand that has the skills and time to help with the development.
OK - Can the forum here be merged with the one on Freedrive.co.uk and then any new threads etc parsed over to here using RSS in the same way Digital-car does the news ? That way you get one forum and two presences.Originally Posted by ashgrovered