Page 12 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 587

Thread: Freeway (CCFR) Official Thread

  1. #111
    Freeway Creator oeri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    522
    I've posted (without much documentation or explanation) the skin syntax I'm using. Let me know what you guys think.

  2. #112
    Confusion Master
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Enforcer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    If you go down to the woods today, You're sure of
    Posts
    14,630
    Not too keen on the asteriks (*), makes it hard to visually seperate the different values.

    How are the graphic files per screen assigned?

  3. #113
    Freeway Creator oeri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    522
    Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer
    Not too keen on the asteriks (*), makes it hard to visually seperate the different values.

    How are the graphic files per screen assigned?
    What would you recommend to split the values? I want commas to be able to be used in label values. Go back to tabs? The asterisks IMHO look OK in Notepad.

    Graphic files are assigned by the name in [brackets] plus _down or _off.bmp. So, for the main screen, main_off.bmp is the screen you see when you first start the program, and main_down.bmp contains all the highlighted buttons.

    main_off.bmp:


    main_down.bmp

  4. #114
    Confusion Master
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Enforcer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    If you go down to the woods today, You're sure of
    Posts
    14,630
    Quote Originally Posted by oeri
    What would you recommend to split the values? I want commas to be able to be used in label values. Go back to tabs?
    use commas and have the label values within quotes and allow for this when reading in.

    Quote Originally Posted by oeri
    Graphic files are assigned by the name in [brackets] plus _down or _off.bmp. So, for the main screen, main_off.bmp is the screen you see when you first start the program, and main_down.bmp contains all the highlighted buttons.
    No ON?

    A lot of people use arrow keys or devices which simulate the arrow keys to move between buttons and need to distinguish between down and over.

  5. #115
    FLAC
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Vienna, VA
    Posts
    1,375
    use commas and have the label values within quotes and allow for this when reading in.
    iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
    CFX - Skin for Road Runner

  6. #116
    Maximum Bitrate P3rv3rt B3ar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Funland
    Posts
    577
    I see u have two states for skins... like regular and "down". So i think now is time for quick question... before it is cutted in stone so that changes are too hard.

    Should freeway have third value too? kind of for "select" or "mouse over" or whatever its called. That could make huge difference for remote controlling the app, like for example with stalk commands. Some reason centra was always reluctant to implement it... but lets hear what people here think?

  7. #117
    Confusion Master
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Enforcer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    If you go down to the woods today, You're sure of
    Posts
    14,630
    Quote Originally Posted by P3rv3rt B3ar
    I see u have two states for skins... like regular and "down". So i think now is time for quick question... before it is cutted in stone so that changes are too hard.

    Should freeway have third value too? kind of for "select" or "mouse over" or whatever its called. That could make huge difference for remote controlling the app, like for example with stalk commands. Some reason centra was always reluctant to implement it... but lets hear what people here think?

    So you agree with my post two up then

  8. #118
    Maximum Bitrate P3rv3rt B3ar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Funland
    Posts
    577
    Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer
    So you agree with my post two up then
    Oh, sorry... i did totally miss it and surely do agree...

    EDIT: i guess i thought u guys were discussing only about separator character (which imo is not such big deal, as long is chosen so it wont appear there regularly) so i skipped end of your post...

  9. #119

  10. #120
    Freeway Creator oeri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    522
    The way Freeway is coded, it should be very easy to implement mouseover images. Arrow key functionality shouldn't be difficult, either. Does anyone here control their car computer with arrow keys?

Similar Threads

  1. Official 7th Gen Civic Thread
    By Maheriano in forum General MP3Car Discussion
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 06:51 PM
  2. HaveThread tools, etc, at the bottom of thread
    By Rafster in forum Mp3car Forum Suggestions/Comments
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-12-2006, 08:04 AM
  3. Official requests thread
    By coyote in forum MediaCar
    Replies: 224
    Last Post: 11-05-2004, 01:09 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-07-2004, 12:52 PM
  5. Official Suck Up to Coyote Thread
    By SjLucky in forum MediaCar
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-18-2003, 03:21 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •