Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: setup movies?

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    11

    setup movies?

    how do you set this up i get the no movies.ini found but i dont see a blank one or know how to set it up

  2. #2
    Freeway Creator oeri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    522
    The format of the ini file is:

    Theater name,ID

    No spaces before or after the comma. ID is the theater ID from Yahoo movies. For example: http://movies.yahoo.com/showtimes/th...&date=20070107 My theater ID is 3181.

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    11

    thanks

    got it working but a couple things...

    if the movie description is too long the last lines are all written over the top of each other at bottom of window and switching between movies will leave that last line drawn corrupted.


    also there is some kind of problem displaying some characters such as the "'" ie. movie's in some of the descriptions. not in all but in some. if you need screen shots i can post them.


    thanks
    pat

  4. #4
    Low Bitrate Super_dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by oeri View Post
    The format of the ini file is:

    Theater name,ID

    No spaces before or after the comma. ID is the theater ID from Yahoo movies. For example: http://movies.yahoo.com/showtimes/th...&date=20070107 My theater ID is 3181.
    I'm new to this I honestlly dont understand , Im completly lost

    where do I find the ini folder , etc ?

  5. #5
    Low Bitrate MadDash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    89
    there is no ini folder its actually a file, which was missing from some of the freeway releases. heres a download of the original movies.ini file that gets saved into the main freeway directory. from there it should be easy to follow oeri's instructions in the posts above but if you are still stuck let me know
    FocusPC Stat:
    [~~~~~~~~~-] 95% Done
    FreeICE | FreeWay | iGuidance | Paper and pencil

    FocusPC
    FreeWay Skins

  6. #6
    Low Bitrate Super_dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDash View Post
    there is no ini folder its actually a file, which was missing from some of the freeway releases. heres a download of the original movies.ini file that gets saved into the main freeway directory. from there it should be easy to follow oeri's instructions in the posts above but if you are still stuck let me know

    ok that worked fine , but how do I find the Theaters ID for my city my zip is 30019
    also , when I click on gps the box goes black and has a smaller box in the upper corner the the letters FW , does not open IG

    also will not play DVD,s when I click on the DVD button nothing happens

    can you please help me out again

  7. #7
    Low Bitrate MadDash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    89
    Theater
    - go to http://movies.yahoo.com/ and enter your zip code where it says Browse by Location.
    - the next page will list some theaters near that zip code
    - click on the theater you want, example: AMC Colonial 18
    - the page will scroll down to that theater name
    - next to the name is a link called Add to My Favorite Theaters
    eample link for AMC Colonial 18 is below, the part in red is the number you need to have in your movie.ini file
    http://login.yahoo.com/?.src=mov&.do...dd_theater?id=1235&ys=oe17P2Qp5Zz_Tqaa9yLm5w--
    - write info into movie.ini file example:
    AMC Colonial 18,1235

    GPS
    the black screen you got when you clicked gps could very well be that when iguidance starts it brings up a warning screen and freeway never finds the iguidance window because the warning screen forces you to press ok before iguidance will start.
    i had created a AutoIt file to get rid of the warning screen and allow iguidance to start fine.
    - download and install AutoIt
    - open note pad or any basic text editor and paste the below code into it
    Code:
    RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\iNav\iGuidance", "ShowWarning", "REG_DWORD", "0")
    Run("C:\Program Files\iNav\iGuidance\iGuidance.exe", "C:\Program Files\iNav\iGuidance")
    -change the location of iguidance.exe if yours is installed in a different place, then save the file as iguidance.au3
    - go to the start menu and find Compile Script to .exe , which should be listed under AutoIt
    - from there just choose the iguidance.au3 as the Source and choose what you want the exe file named, where you want it saved and click convert
    - then just change the iGuidanceEXE= (in the freeway.ini file) to be the location of the exe you just created and now iguidance should start fine and no more black screen

    DVD
    dvd function doesnt work for me either, i tried 3 different versions and nothing
    FocusPC Stat:
    [~~~~~~~~~-] 95% Done
    FreeICE | FreeWay | iGuidance | Paper and pencil

    FocusPC
    FreeWay Skins

  8. #8
    Low Bitrate Super_dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDash View Post
    Theater
    - go to http://movies.yahoo.com/ and enter your zip code where it says Browse by Location.
    - the next page will list some theaters near that zip code
    - click on the theater you want, example: AMC Colonial 18
    - the page will scroll down to that theater name
    - next to the name is a link called Add to My Favorite Theaters
    eample link for AMC Colonial 18 is below, the part in red is the number you need to have in your movie.ini file
    http://login.yahoo.com/?.src=mov&.do...dd_theater?id=1235&ys=oe17P2Qp5Zz_Tqaa9yLm5w--
    - write info into movie.ini file example:
    AMC Colonial 18,1235

    GPS
    the black screen you got when you clicked gps could very well be that when iguidance starts it brings up a warning screen and freeway never finds the iguidance window because the warning screen forces you to press ok before iguidance will start.
    i had created a AutoIt file to get rid of the warning screen and allow iguidance to start fine.
    - download and install AutoIt
    - open note pad or any basic text editor and paste the below code into it
    Code:
    RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\iNav\iGuidance", "ShowWarning", "REG_DWORD", "0")
    Run("C:\Program Files\iNav\iGuidance\iGuidance.exe", "C:\Program Files\iNav\iGuidance")
    -change the location of iguidance.exe if yours is installed in a different place, then save the file as iguidance.au3
    - go to the start menu and find Compile Script to .exe , which should be listed under AutoIt
    - from there just choose the iguidance.au3 as the Source and choose what you want the exe file named, where you want it saved and click convert
    - then just change the iGuidanceEXE= (in the freeway.ini file) to be the location of the exe you just created and now iguidance should start fine and no more black screen

    DVD
    dvd function doesnt work for me either, i tried 3 different versions and nothing
    Thank you man , it work like a charm , now I have to get the video and the DVD working and I'll be set

Similar Threads

  1. Would This Setup Survice Crank?
    By pr3d in forum Power Supplies
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-08-2005, 09:52 PM
  2. speaker setup, ears hurt...
    By ketchup318 in forum Car Audio
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-08-2005, 08:31 AM
  3. My planned setup. Please post opinions.
    By audrenaline in forum Newbie
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-05-2003, 03:56 PM
  4. new setup pics
    By freestyler in forum General MP3Car Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-06-2002, 01:08 AM
  5. Arrg! Problems with my new mp3 car setup...
    By MisterTwo in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-05-2002, 02:14 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •