Humble thoughts about FP...
Hey all! First off, This forum is the best! Great people, useful information, and wonderful examples of people putting the information to work. Six months ago I had never installed a car speaker, now I am nearly done with a total carpc install. (I will make a large post on my project with pics in the future.)
I appreciate everyone's hard work on front-end software, I have tried them all and I have settled on FrodoPlayer - it is absolutely fantastic. I have a couple comments, suggestions, and/or questions - they are a broad range of topics but all germane to FP:
Things I love; FP's fast load and easy nav., playlist editor, easy launch of external apps (Routis), brushed skins, mini-mode is soooo great, crescendo volume on startup, versatility, and much much more. It is obvious that Frodo and his software have tons of potential to go farther too. I can't wait for future versions, I plan on buying XM PCR and OBDII stuff in the near future.
1) Has anyone found a way to adjust bass in FP. (One thing I miss about MediaCar and Winamp.) Eventually it would be great to have some type of "mixer" integrated into Frodo, but in the meantime has anyone found a work-around. I currently launch my soundblaster software and adjust bass that way, but it is awkward. I downloaded DFX for WMP, but it is the lite version and I am not sure how to integrate it into FP anyway.
2) When playing music in FP, I tend to use the windows-explorer-file-system-window to locate my music. The only difficulty is that particular view uses the windows native scroll bar, and it is small. Is there a way to replace that scroll bar with FP's scroll bar or to just increase the size of the scroll bar a little.
3) Some visualizations go to full screen and reduce with a double/single click of the mini-viewer - no problem at all. However, I love the Phthalo's Corona visualization, but it won't reduce once it's clicked to full screen - you have to use the esc key. Is this a visualization thing, a WMP thing, or possibly a FP thing? (It minimizes from full-screen in WMP with a click.)
4) Seems like there should be some software out there that can convert mpeg/avi files into WMP visualizations, but I have googled this topic extensively and found nothing. I would love to have some clips of skate boarders, kiteboarders, wakeboarders, etc., playing to the music. Far-fetched?
5) I have an ATI All-In-Wonder, 9600 Pro video card with TV and FM. I have connected the FM to my car's native antenna and I have pretty good reception. But, ATI's software to control the radio really sucks. Furthermore, I don't think Radiator currently supports my card. Any ideas on how to use FP to control my ATI FM radio, (besides launching it as an external app). Anyone want some cash to write a Radiator driver for this card? I had to ask... ;)
6) There are some very nice looking windows-skins, icons, wallpaper, bootskins, etc. at www.wincustomize.com that look great and fit the color theme of FP. I will post pictures as some point, but there are some nice additions there. (I suppose if someone was proficient in that type of programming, a whole front-end option could be made with programs like WindowsBlinds, DesktopX, Desktop Widgets, etc.)
Again, I love FP... great work Frodo. Thanks in advance for any input.