Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 280

Thread: Bug Reports 1.09

  1. #91
    Variable Bitrate WeeZyFellA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by STI_FFY
    I have an issue with both 1.0.8 and 1.0.9 that is weird.

    One of three "Killswitch Engage" albums acts as though it is not tagged right. Only 1 of the 14 tracks shows up in artist view, and in folder view they all show up but 13 of the 14 show "00 - - xx - title". The tracks are all titled as "xx - title" where xx is the track number (01, 02, 03) and "title" is the track title.

    The tags look ok to me, and everything is OK in WMP or Winamp, but not in FP.

    Have you any idea what is going on, or maybe I can email you one of the malfunctioning tracks and you can check it out?
    i get the same problem, for me it shows 00 for some tracks and 32 for others, i dont know why 32 but it does that. can this be because they are double disc albums, or does that not affect it the tagging?

  2. #92
    Constant Bitrate STI_FFY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    New Market, MD
    Posts
    177

    I fixed it - but don't understand it

    Quote Originally Posted by WeeZyFellA
    i get the same problem, for me it shows 00 for some tracks and 32 for others, i dont know why 32 but it does that. can this be because they are double disc albums, or does that not affect it the tagging?
    OK, here's what I did to fix the problem on my system. I used WinAmp to "view file info" (the tags) on the tracks that showed "00". The V1 and V2 tage LOOK exactly alike to me, but there must be something invisible that is different. What I did to "fix" it was to uncheck the V2 tag and "update". This wrote the same V1 tag that was there before and erased the V2 tag. Then I re-enabled the V2 tag and clicked on "copy V2 from V1" and "update" again. So now it wrote the V1 tag in both V1 and V2 format.

    Then I re-scanned the DB in FrodoPlayer and the files show up OK.

    Those of you who are seeing "00" as your track number, maybe you should try disabling V2 tag. If that does not work try copying the V1 tag over the V2 tag.

    There must be something that can be in the V2 tag that causes FP to think it's not valid where WinAmp and WMP do not behave this way. Maybe WinAmp and WMP use the V1 tag if they think the V2 tag is bogus (and some invisible character made these V2 tags bogus)?

    (EDIT) I would like to add that this only applies to cases where the track number actually IS in the tag(s), yet it does not appear in FP.

    I also have several (lots of) tracks where "00" is displayed because there IS no track number in the tag.
    SeeYa! -Jim-

  3. #93
    Constant Bitrate STI_FFY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    New Market, MD
    Posts
    177
    The other bad news is that WinAmp sees 8062 files in my music folder, FP sees only 8059. So somewhere in my collection there are 3 files FP does not recognize. Maybe they have this same problem, but talk about your needle in a haystack....
    SeeYa! -Jim-

  4. #94
    Constant Bitrate mindscream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by TX5
    I cant get into settings 1, when i press the button it just goes back to the main fp screen
    I have the same problem with Win2k SP4

    Sorry Frodo...
    Mind Scream out

  5. #95
    MySQL Error jcdillin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    4,043
    whenever I hit sync frodoplayer just closes, am I doing something retarded?
    肚子笑痛了
    S60 Install

  6. #96
    Variable Bitrate fly_dutchie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdillin
    whenever I hit sync frodoplayer just closes, am I doing something retarded?
    Same here.

    Michael

    edit: Bug Reports 1.09
    "It does not understand, if it does not ride."

    M10000, 512 Mb, 2,5" 40G, Slim DVD, Opus 90W, Xenarc 7", Leadtek 9532 GPS,
    RoadRunner, MapMonkey, Pioneer HU, Pioneer 4 ch 400W, Kappa 6.5, Basslink X 200W

  7. #97
    Variable Bitrate WeeZyFellA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by STI_FFY
    OK, here's what I did to fix the problem on my system. I used WinAmp to "view file info" (the tags) on the tracks that showed "00". The V1 and V2 tage LOOK exactly alike to me, but there must be something invisible that is different. What I did to "fix" it was to uncheck the V2 tag and "update". This wrote the same V1 tag that was there before and erased the V2 tag. Then I re-enabled the V2 tag and clicked on "copy V2 from V1" and "update" again. So now it wrote the V1 tag in both V1 and V2 format.

    Then I re-scanned the DB in FrodoPlayer and the files show up OK.

    Those of you who are seeing "00" as your track number, maybe you should try disabling V2 tag. If that does not work try copying the V1 tag over the V2 tag.

    There must be something that can be in the V2 tag that causes FP to think it's not valid where WinAmp and WMP do not behave this way. Maybe WinAmp and WMP use the V1 tag if they think the V2 tag is bogus (and some invisible character made these V2 tags bogus)?

    (EDIT) I would like to add that this only applies to cases where the track number actually IS in the tag(s), yet it does not appear in FP.

    I also have several (lots of) tracks where "00" is displayed because there IS no track number in the tag.

    that helped for those files that showed 00 but what about the files that have 32 as the track number?

    here is what i'm talking about
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  8. #98
    Maximum Bitrate pyros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    500
    I configured the settings to "show menu on start" and keep menu active until clicked, now when I load up frodoplayer i get a ghost image of the "browse by album".. i know there's a bug with the browse by album not being able to be changed, not sure if the 'ghost image' is part of it:

    http://pyros.kicks-***.net/frodo.jpg
    2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1
    Specs: Epia M2-1000, 512mb ram, SB Audigy NX, Lilliput 7" Touchscreen, M2-ATX, DVD, 160gb HDD, gps, obdII, wifi, bluetooth, XM radio, HQCT and Logitech wireless gamepad.
    Install Status: DONE

    My XM FAQ

  9. #99
    Constant Bitrate STI_FFY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    New Market, MD
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeZyFellA
    that helped for those files that showed 00 but what about the files that have 32 as the track number?
    It's the same issue apparently. I had some "32"s also, and deleting the V2 tag, making sure the V1 tag had a valid numerical value in the track #, and then copying the V1 tag to the V2 tag fixed those as well.

    Many of them looked OK (the same numerical value was in both V1 and V2 tag) yet FP showed "32" as the track number.
    SeeYa! -Jim-

  10. #100
    I'm sorry, and you are....? frodobaggins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Ruston, LA
    Posts
    8,846
    Quote Originally Posted by judoGTI
    I think it is tagged right, unless Im missing something. This is a screen shot from Tag & Rename for one of the albums that is displaying 00 for the track numbers:


    Do your track numbers actually say "11/14" ?

    Track numbers are supposed to be from "0" to "99" only.
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

Similar Threads

  1. Bug Reports
    By frodobaggins in forum PV Bugs
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 02-17-2005, 12:01 AM
  2. Official Bug reports.
    By skippy76 in forum V.O.I.C.E.S
    Replies: 142
    Last Post: 11-08-2004, 11:37 AM
  3. Bug Reports
    By frodobaggins in forum FrodoPlayer
    Replies: 168
    Last Post: 10-16-2004, 12:25 AM
  4. MediaEngine Bug Reports IMPORTANT... READ!!!
    By phat_bastard in forum Media Engine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-02-2004, 04:32 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •