Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 48

Thread: Rant on non-menu-centric-systems

  1. #11
    Variable Bitrate MC_Stoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    427
    Not even a lime/orange colourscheme

    There's no justice in the world
    A calm approach in a troubled world...
    http://www.inside-guide.co.uk/CarPC

    CONSOLE_RR Project in progress...
    DC UK Forum

  2. #12
    Super Moderator xBrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,687
    Quote Originally Posted by MC_Stoo
    lime
    I don't know if it just my monitor or what but I think I went blind trying to read that.
    AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
    Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
    Installed.


    -GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
    -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

  3. #13
    Constant Bitrate phatbenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Birmingham/London UK
    Posts
    121
    Frodoplayer is great piece of kit, and all respect to Frodo for making it. However, the main thing I liked about MediaCar was the menu-centric design. I would also prefer FP with a menu-centric design.

  4. #14
    Confusion Master
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Enforcer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    If you go down to the woods today, You're sure of
    Posts
    14,618
    Quote Originally Posted by brady
    I don't know if it just my monitor or what but I think I went blind trying to read that.

    So will MC_Stoo's avatar if it keeps doing that

  5. #15
    Low Bitrate Cat Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Kildare Ireland
    Posts
    102
    menu centric all the way

    start at the start.

  6. #16
    Maximum Bitrate MoFo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    481
    I always liked how it was MP3 player based. But when you think about it, the mp3 player is also a menu. I can hit GPS and other tasks in one click. Thats all i really need.
    And someone said they didnt like how frodoplayer 'resumes'. I would hate if it didnt resume. Isnt that what all radios do anyway? Most people use the carpc as a radio and always have Mp3's playing.
    So to get to the additional 'menu' options, you have to do one more click. Since those options are used less frequently than Mp3, I think its best left the way that they are.

  7. #17
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    156
    what would be best, is if u could just select an option on where or not it resumes... sorta like on cd players... how u can switch resume on and off... i think that way it suits everyone... the more 'compatible' a piece of software is, the more people will like it... i think...!?!?!!?

    if there are people who like option 1 of doing some task, and people who like option 2... and the software allows you to choose which way you want the task to be performed.. then it will suit more people...

    just a suggestion
    AT mobo
    Intel Pentium MMX 233mhz
    ESS Solo PCI soundcard
    Linksys NIC
    Irman

  8. #18
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    North Aurora, IL
    Posts
    392
    i also liked the menucentric setup.

    But on the otherhand, i dont think frodo should have to re do all his code in order to accomodate us. If he was making a commercial product, and we were paying customers, then id think we have a right to complain and ask for a change.

    Since hes putting his good software out to us for free, then he could do whatever he wants or is convienient for him. He can chose to take our suggestions or not.

  9. #19
    Low Bitrate Cat Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Kildare Ireland
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by theheel
    i also liked the menucentric setup.

    But on the otherhand, i dont think frodo should have to re do all his code in order to accomodate us. If he was making a commercial product, and we were paying customers, then id think we have a right to complain and ask for a change.

    Since hes putting his good software out to us for free, then he could do whatever he wants or is convienient for him. He can chose to take our suggestions or not.
    I agree how dare you mofo's gone on like the dude wes you ****. how many of you ahve contributed... SFA I reckon yet ye go on like he's been commisioned to work your stinkin brown smelly **** arses.


    only jokin so on the subject of cider 6% or 4% what do you think?


    eternal question scrumpyJack vs. StoneHouse. Choice of the homeless over the housed man... (or vice-versa)

    Arg1: HOmeless dudes, for whant of a better expression, drink for a living. In this country anyway there is a multitude of similarly priced ciders- yet they alway come back to the classic stone house. in my student days i always hailed scrumpy as the rich mans stonehouse ('tis a little dearer). now i have a little chash i buy scrumpy. yesterday i bought stonehouse and was blown away. what the f***. It is 'the cider'. I will never judge by price again.

  10. #20
    Variable Bitrate NRGZ28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    407
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Monkey
    I agree how dare you mofo's gone on like the dude wes you ****. how many of you ahve contributed... SFA I reckon yet ye go on like he's been commisioned to work your stinkin brown smelly **** arses.


    only jokin so on the subject of cider 6% or 4% what do you think?


    eternal question scrumpyJack vs. StoneHouse. Choice of the homeless over the housed man... (or vice-versa)

    Arg1: HOmeless dudes, for whant of a better expression, drink for a living. In this country anyway there is a multitude of similarly priced ciders- yet they alway come back to the classic stone house. in my student days i always hailed scrumpy as the rich mans stonehouse ('tis a little dearer). now i have a little chash i buy scrumpy. yesterday i bought stonehouse and was blown away. what the f***. It is 'the cider'. I will never judge by price again.
    Huh ?
    Current Setup

    Nexus 7 Tablet
    Built in head unit
    Brutus 1500Watt Amp
    Two Boston 12" subs

    2006 Infiniti M45 Sport ;) My 4 door Camaro... lol


Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Menu - A Newbie Question ( Sorry )
    By ccsnet in forum FrodoPlayer
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-16-2004, 01:09 PM
  2. skinning --> full screen menu
    By djScript in forum FrodoPlayer
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-08-2004, 07:14 PM
  3. my menu button doesn't work on my skin
    By gambit32 in forum FrodoPlayer
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-02-2004, 07:53 PM
  4. How to setup gps button in menu
    By Tyrael in forum Media Engine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-25-2004, 02:53 PM
  5. How to disable Win98 safe mode menu?
    By Phacade GSX in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-30-2000, 11:43 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •