Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: BMW Films won't run in Frodoplayer?

  1. #11
    I'm sorry, and you are....? frodobaggins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Ruston, LA
    Posts
    8,846
    Open them up in windows media player. Do they work ?
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

  2. #12
    Maximum Bitrate R32 JUhl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    North Atlanta
    Posts
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by frodobaggins
    And you still have not answered my question.
    What happens ?
    When I open them in Frodoplayer, what happens? Besides nothing? Nothing.

    NOTHING happens. It's as if I didn't click the play button at all.

    When I open them in QT alternative what happens? It depends on the movie... suffice it to say the good guy always wins. You can tell who the good guy is - he's driving a BMW. But the movie plays without a problem.

    When I watch the movies, "what happens?" I'm impressed by the stunt driver's abilities. And wonder to myself why BMW would disable their PRECIOUS traction control system on a director's whim.

    "What happens" in the movie? You should really watch the movie yourself to see "what happens". I'd hate to spoil the ending for you.

  3. #13
    Maximum Bitrate R32 JUhl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    North Atlanta
    Posts
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by jedi7001
    Looks COOL! I just started downloading Thanks for the help
    Let us know what your favorite is.

  4. #14
    I'm sorry, and you are....? frodobaggins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Ruston, LA
    Posts
    8,846
    Quote Originally Posted by R32 JUhl
    When I open them in Frodoplayer, what happens? Besides nothing? Nothing.

    NOTHING happens. It's as if I didn't click the play button at all.

    When I open them in QT alternative what happens? It depends on the movie... suffice it to say the good guy always wins. You can tell who the good guy is - he's driving a BMW. But the movie plays without a problem.

    When I watch the movies, "what happens?" I'm impressed by the stunt driver's abilities. And wonder to myself why BMW would disable their PRECIOUS traction control system on a director's whim.

    "What happens" in the movie? You should really watch the movie yourself to see "what happens". I'd hate to spoil the ending for you.


    see post 11
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

  5. #15
    Maximum Bitrate R32 JUhl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    North Atlanta
    Posts
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by frodobaggins
    Open them up in windows media player. Do they work ?
    No. They have a .mov file extension - QT only or QT alternative... Right?

    If you're looking to break the problem down, have at it. But I have no problem downloading them in WMV format, at ALL! That's how I plan to fix the problem, personally.

  6. #16
    Maximum Bitrate R32 JUhl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    North Atlanta
    Posts
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by frodobaggins
    see post 11
    SCREW IT!!! I think I found the problem. When opening the film using quick time, not the alternative, it opens a special BMW screen with special abilities. I'm assuming that is interfering with FP. So for the record, the next guy with a problem will have to apply the "work around" of downloading the Windows Media Player version.

  7. #17
    I'm sorry, and you are....? frodobaggins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Ruston, LA
    Posts
    8,846
    Quote Originally Posted by R32 JUhl
    No. They have a .mov file extension - QT only or QT alternative... Right?

    If you're looking to break the problem down, have at it. But I have no problem downloading them in WMV format, at ALL! That's how I plan to fix the problem, personally.
    There is no interface for quicktime alternative, if you are opening them up in something, you are opening them up in "wmp classic" (which is in the dl)

    Yes they are .mov files, try to open them with windows media player anyway.
    If it ask about an unknown extension, tell it to play anyway and not to ask you again.

    Frodo
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

  8. #18
    Maximum Bitrate R32 JUhl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    North Atlanta
    Posts
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by frodobaggins
    There is no interface for quicktime alternative, if you are opening them up in something, you are opening them up in "wmp classic" (which is in the dl)
    When I ask Windows Explorer to open them, it brings up a window labeled 1,2,3 - I am assuming that is the QT alternative

    Quote Originally Posted by frodobaggins
    Yes they are .mov files, try to open them with windows media player anyway.
    If it ask about an unknown extension, tell it to play anyway and not to ask you again.

    Frodo

    When I said No, that was my answer - Media Player can not open them. I tried to open them using Media Player, it did give me the screen to click "try to open anyway", it said it was downloading codec, then it said unable to open.

    I've already downloaded all eight movies in WMV. Frodo, thanks much for your help. Your software is absolutely amazing!!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!! So when do you go into full creation mode with abundant skins and fee-based distribution of skins and software?

  9. #19
    Clover Grayscale's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    1,549
    Quote Originally Posted by R32 JUhl
    WOW!!! I didn't realize they were still available for download. Just checked and they are. Star is my fav, although Beat the Devil comes in a VERY close second.
    star is my fav! its on my carputer
    CarPC install is starting to come along again...

  10. #20
    Maximum Bitrate R32 JUhl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    North Atlanta
    Posts
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale
    star is my fav! its on my carputer
    Favorite line:

    "and she's a complete cu_" Priceless!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FrodoPlayer BMW Skin
    By edrock200 in forum FrodoPlayer
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-04-2005, 11:08 PM
  2. cant change skins???
    By Hell-Stopper in forum FrodoPlayer
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-05-2004, 11:10 PM
  3. Bug Reports 1.09
    By frodobaggins in forum FrodoPlayer
    Replies: 279
    Last Post: 10-22-2004, 11:24 PM
  4. Bug Reports
    By frodobaggins in forum FrodoPlayer
    Replies: 168
    Last Post: 10-16-2004, 01:25 AM
  5. BMW Skins on Frodoplayer?
    By riuster in forum FrodoPlayer
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-19-2004, 01:57 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •