Here's my feedback on it so far.
1. First off, it works a lot better than the XM built into Frodoplayer. I used to have exit and restart Frodo to get more than the two preview channels. The new app worked right off the bat, no problem at all.
2. It's faster. We like that very much. I've tied it to Frodoplayer and launch it from the App menu. (It just occurred to me I could set it as an external app under the XM menu...I'll try that tomorrow).
3. I had one error the first time I used it. I hit the "tools" button that sends you to the secondary favorites screen and got an error that said something about "Max exceeds Min". I was driving and didn't get a good read at it. Hit "okay", went back to the main screen, hit "F+" to add a station and haven't had it give me this problem since. I think it had to do with the secondary list being empty at first. Since it handled the error smoothly (thanks, Frodo!), it didn't affect usability.
4. Aside from features you may intend to put into it, this thing felt much more like a Beta than an Alpha release! It's now my new first choice XM app.
5. I won't moan about the skins - I'll complement them. While the color choice can get washed out a bit in the sun, I found that the blue skin worked best and works MUCH better than the FP incarnation. All of the data one needs is right there. I like the artwork for the stations, too. Nice touch.
6. Loving the way it sorts by station, artist, genre, etc. if you just punch it. Although I do agree that having a popup tuner keypad would be nice. The slider works but it takes a little concentration to do it. I usually wait until a stoplight to change the station.
7. Not sure why there is a "Tune" button on the secondary favorites screen since just touching it makes the station change.
8. It seems odd that there is an "F+" to add secondary favorites but you have to edit the .ini file to put in your primary favorites. I read your post about putting the press to set feature in and that will be a great improvement and fix this nit.
Those are my observations thus far. I have a suggestion that you can consider or ignore -your choice.
There is a lot of room taken up with non-productive information. By that, I mean the channel display, artist, song, station name, time, and so forth. That is precious space that could be used to display more rows or allow bigger buttons, etc.
I don't mean this information is unnecessary or unwanted. I want it all, but perhaps you could limit the space necessary by allowing the information to rotate on a single or double line window. I've included an example of how it is done in iTunes but I've seen it done this way in lots of players. First the song name either scrolls or slides down from the top, pauses, then the artist name, etc. The progress bar is also a nice feature but hey, I've already suggested too much stuff.
A great app so far, Frodo. I'm loving it. A huge thank you from those of us too inept to code our own stuff!