Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 57

Thread: frodo please release the take4

  1. #31
    Maximum Bitrate ddogg_777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    HOT Arizona
    Posts
    834
    Quote Originally Posted by 0l33l
    That's because Frodo delete the post with a hint of insight.
    I remember what your post was...it made me worry that FP was going to make my HD vanish and never come back...

  2. #32
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by ddogg_777
    I remember what your post was...it made me worry that FP was going to make my HD vanish and never come back...

  3. #33
    Variable Bitrate Squid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    337
    There was some insight given in this thread?? I musta missed it too....

    In the other thread that Frodo made your statement XXXX... I got that ... cause he
    can't eliminate the emails from the subscribed threads that are sent out immediately.. heh..
    And from what I remember.. that wasn't a big secret... Just from reading around
    here it is obvious Frodo works with and talks to all the other programmers in these forums...
    guess just now to a higher degree...

    My guess is:
    ->he is making all the apps plug n play...
    ->he is making a true directory structure that works to please me ..heh..
    ->the screens layout more customizable...
    ->Making the iGuidance embed more awesome!! (forget that crap Destinator.. ugh... )
    ->take 4 will search your hard drive and delete any other front-ends found!

    Whaddya think? Hot or Cold?? lol... anyone else got ideas?
    CarPuter: Dell P3-500 Laptop; D-Link WiFi; Deluo GPS; D-Link Radio; iMac DVD w/ ide2usb
    Audio: Audigy 2 NX; Kicker KX700.5 amp; 20w center amp; Kicker L7 10" Sub
    Display: Lilliput 7" TouchScreen
    CarPuter Install

  4. #34
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Squid
    There was some insight given in this thread?? I musta missed it too....

    In the other thread that Frodo made your statement XXXX... I got that ... cause he
    can't eliminate the emails from the subscribed threads that are sent out immediately.. heh..
    And from what I remember.. that wasn't a big secret... Just from reading around
    here it is obvious Frodo works with and talks to all the other programmers in these forums...
    guess just now to a higher degree...

    My guess is:
    ->he is making all the apps plug n play...
    ->he is making a true directory structure that works to please me ..heh..
    ->the screens layout more customizable...
    ->Making the iGuidance embed more awesome!! (forget that crap Destinator.. ugh... )
    ->take 4 will search your hard drive and delete any other front-ends found!

    Whaddya think? Hot or Cold?? lol... anyone else got ideas?
    Freezing

  5. #35
    Variable Bitrate Squid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    337
    Am I SOOO Cold that I'm HOT?? lol...
    CarPuter: Dell P3-500 Laptop; D-Link WiFi; Deluo GPS; D-Link Radio; iMac DVD w/ ide2usb
    Audio: Audigy 2 NX; Kicker KX700.5 amp; 20w center amp; Kicker L7 10" Sub
    Display: Lilliput 7" TouchScreen
    CarPuter Install

  6. #36
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Squid
    Am I SOOO Cold that I'm HOT?? lol...
    Freezing d00d... freezing

    ruairi is warmer that you

  7. #37
    Maximum Bitrate clean customs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Squid
    ->take 4 will search your hard drive and delete any other front-ends found!
    Now that makes me laugh. I have to restrain myself from putting "wants" because frodo said no more before, but its so hard. Im still just happy XM works fine with it, thats what makes it hard to go away. I spent too much money to have XM to have to use that crappy interface it comes with. Need a pin needle to minimize or close. And all the cool skins that I get to play with. If the wish list thread opens up again, someone send me an email or something. Nope, Ill stop, won't add more.

    Edit:Although these are cool
    2. Plug-in architecture users pick and choose their extra apps. Since frodobaggins is a professional he likes to make developers/users lives easy!
    Especially if I can skin that apps section

    3. Skin flexibility, so you can have any button on any screen. Because RR has this feature it makes sense that FP will need to catch up with RR.
    Round VIII - [IIIIIIIIII] 30% Have some parts for 300zx Sema car I don't own yet. Will have 10.4" & 7" screen, and more then you can believe. Will add updates to cleancustoms.com, will be sweet. My car is still same, but might change.

  8. #38
    Variable Bitrate Squid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    337
    OH.. well that stuff is all boring... all backend stuff for developers... nuthing fun for us end-users!

    And I still don't get why people are on Destinator's jock so hard.. just cause it has an SDK...

    I guess it's good for Europe but iGuidance is just so user friendly... and how Frodo had
    it "embeded" in take 3... well that's just good eats...

    0l33l, thanks for being the official spokesperson for FrodoPlayer v2.0
    CarPuter: Dell P3-500 Laptop; D-Link WiFi; Deluo GPS; D-Link Radio; iMac DVD w/ ide2usb
    Audio: Audigy 2 NX; Kicker KX700.5 amp; 20w center amp; Kicker L7 10" Sub
    Display: Lilliput 7" TouchScreen
    CarPuter Install

  9. #39
    Maximum Bitrate clean customs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Squid
    OH.. well that stuff is all boring... all backend stuff for developers... nuthing fun for us end-users!

    And I still don't get why people are on Destinator's jock so hard.. just cause it has an SDK...

    I guess it's good for Europe but iGuidance is just so user friendly... and how Frodo had
    it "embeded" in take 3... well that's just good eats...

    0l33l, thanks for being the official spokesperson for FrodoPlayer v2.0
    Dude Im with your there, I wont' touch Destinator. I think it might be easier to work with for developers or something, dont' know.
    Round VIII - [IIIIIIIIII] 30% Have some parts for 300zx Sema car I don't own yet. Will have 10.4" & 7" screen, and more then you can believe. Will add updates to cleancustoms.com, will be sweet. My car is still same, but might change.

  10. #40
    Variable Bitrate Squid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    337
    Quote Originally Posted by clean customs
    Dude Im with your there, I wont' touch Destinator. I think it might be easier to work with for developers or something, dont' know.
    Yea.. the SDK lets them do what they want with it... but I prefer a newer
    more user friendly, slicker looking app that is embedded fine anyday.

    I just hope that with all this Destinator fuss that iGuidance and newer Nav apps don't
    get forgot about down the road...
    CarPuter: Dell P3-500 Laptop; D-Link WiFi; Deluo GPS; D-Link Radio; iMac DVD w/ ide2usb
    Audio: Audigy 2 NX; Kicker KX700.5 amp; 20w center amp; Kicker L7 10" Sub
    Display: Lilliput 7" TouchScreen
    CarPuter Install

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. NaviVoice v.9 Release!
    By 0l33l in forum PowerVoice
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-01-2004, 11:37 PM
  2. What else is up your bag of tricks frodo?
    By nappyjim in forum FrodoPlayer
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-26-2004, 01:57 PM
  3. Switch between Frodo player and GPS (IGuidance)?
    By Nanozic in forum FrodoPlayer
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-12-2004, 02:58 AM
  4. Release: Frodo Magnifier Application (Download)
    By frodobaggins in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 03-03-2004, 01:04 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •